Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just read CT delayed to end of 2022. I so 2023!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously hope our prices are locked in.
I doubt it. Look at the prices of the tri-motor S and X. No way the tri-motor Cybertruck will be sold at the prices we pre-ordered at… which are only marginally more than a performance Y.

I suspect how this will play out…

When CT production actually starts, new higher pricing will be announced. Anyone who orders at the new prices will have their orders produced first while those of us who ordered at low prices will see our orders sit in limbo until we get tired of waiting.

Reactions: westie10019
I doubt it. Look at the prices of the tri-motor S and X. No way the tri-motor Cybertruck will be sold at the prices we pre-ordered at… which are only marginally more than a performance Y.

When CT production actually starts, new higher pricing will be announced. Anyone who orders at the new prices will have their orders produced first while those of us who ordered at low prices will see our orders sit in limbo until we get tired of waiting.
Or this truck never makes it to market...

• Informative
Reactions: linux-works

Perhaps some options will drive up the price, but other than that I think they will stay pretty close.

I've had five new Teslas. On three, the price went up while I waited and they honored my original "Contract" reservation price. On one, the price went down and I actually got the lower price.

Has everyone noticed that your Cybertruck reservation on the website changed their wording first

to "You will be able to complete your Cybertruck configuration as production nears in 2022"

then simply to

"You will be able to complete your Cybertruck configuration as production nears."

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Has everyone noticed that your Cybertruck reservation on the website changed their wording first

to "You will be able to complete your Cybertruck configuration as production nears in 2022"

then simply to

"You will be able to complete your Cybertruck configuration as production nears."
I hadn't looked at my CT reservation in months, but your post got me curious. Sure enough, the wording is exactly as you state.

Or this truck never makes it to market...
Why would you think that likely? They have well over a million pre orders..
There may be delays, 2023 or 2024 or 2025 but with demand like that why wouldn't they build it?
The PR hit to the whole company would be bad as well.

then simply to

With I believe 1,250,000 pre orders whenever they start production there's no way each order will be filled in that year.
Even if half the reservations cancel

Why would you think that likely? They have well over a million pre orders..
There may be delays, 2023 or 2024 or 2025 but with demand like that why wouldn't they build it?
The PR hit to the whole company would be bad as well.
CT pre-order demand is strong but I figure it will soften a bit once F150 Lightning and SilvErado start production. I think they will build it, but it will take a longer than we would like.

CT will be beaten by a number of others. However, at least Ford will be battery-contstrained for a while. I think they are only talking 45k or so per year as they ramp up. Tesla should be able to ramp quicker once they get going. I am hedging my bets and have a Lightning reservation as well.

I was really hoping they’d pull off being first to market with the CT, but now it’s looking like Rivian and a couple others are going to beat them. No doubt that will affect current CT orders.
On a selfish note. I hope so and hope they are great vehicles.
Then hopefully ( again this is a selfish note) a lot of pre orders for the CT may be dropped pushing my reservation further up the line.
:p
I also hope these competitors vehicles are good because competition spurs innovation on and drives improvements and lowers prices.

On an unselfish note it will also get more and more people into EVs

Reactions: Ogre and Phlier
it's the 2020 Roadster all over again.

i have my doubts about seeing one in 2023 due to the large amount of pre-orders. it'll take a couple years plus to fill just those orders, if people don't cancel.

and once it does hit the road, the orders will pick up again. it's gonna be years for most people that ordered.

Reactions: westie10019
it's the 2020 Roadster all over again.

i have my doubts about seeing one in 2023 due to the large amount of pre-orders. it'll take a couple years plus to fill just those orders, if people don't cancel.

and once it does hit the road, the orders will pick up again. it's gonna be years for most people that ordered.
I do wonder how long it will take to get through all the existing orders once they start. Assuming 40 - 50% cancel due to lost of interest or whatever. That is still 600,000+ vehicles to build. If it took Tesla to deliver about 450,000 Model 3 between 2017 and 2019 and use that as a reference point. There might be 3+ years wait if ticket holders at the end of the line.

Reactions: Olds442
I do wonder how long it will take to get through all the existing orders once they start. Assuming 40 - 50% cancel due to lost of interest or whatever. That is still 600,000+ vehicles to build. If it took Tesla to deliver about 450,000 Model 3 between 2017 and 2019 and use that as a reference point. There might be 3+ years wait if ticket holders at the end of the line.
The question is whether our prices are still locked in come 2023 or later?