Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just realized I have a slow leak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OrthoSurg

Jun 2, 2017
Montreal
Rear passenger tire went from 42 PSI last week end to 21 PSI today. Last week end, I inflated the tire. Due to the colder temperature, the tire pressure went down in all the tire from 42 to 37 but the rear one went down to 33 PSI. I inflated all the tires to 42 PSI last Sunday.

I just added some pressure and it seems to be holding. Probably a nail seated deep somewhere in the part I can’t see from inspecting outside without lifting the car. I was planning to get the winter tires installed in 1 month however I will take an appointment sooner. Since I am working tomorrow morning and can’t be late, I wonder if it would it be smarter to call Tesla for road assistance tonight (worst time for a tech to work on a Sunday night I guess) do they change the tire with a spare tire if their own I could bring back in 2 weeks when my winter tires are installed. Are there any fees? Anybody had to use that service before?

I will bring my compressor with me in case the slow leak gets worse however I don’t feel like calling a taxi tomorrow in a rush to avoid being late at work in case it suddenly loses all its pressure on the 15 miles ride to work.

Last edited:
Rear passenger tire went from 42 PSI last week end to 21 PSI today. Last week end, I inflated the tire. Due to the colder temperature, the tire pressure went down in all the tire from 42 to 37 but the rear one went down to 33 PSI. I inflated all the tires to 42 PSI last Sunday.

I just added some pressure and it seems to be holding. Probably a nail seated deep somewhere in the part I can’t see from inspecting outside without lifting the car. I was planning to get the winter tires installed in 1 month however I will take an appointment sooner. Since I am working tomorrow morning and can’t be late, I wonder if it would it be smarter to call Tesla for road assistance tonight (worst time for a tech to work on a Sunday night I guess) do they change the tire with a spare15 tire if their own I could bring back in 2 weeks when my winter tires are installed. Are there any fees? Anybody had to use that service before?

I will bring my compressor with me in case the slow leak gets worse however I don’t feel like calling a taxi tomorrow in a rush to avoid being late at work in case it suddenly loses all its pressure on the 15 miles ride to work.

Why not just over inflate it 15lbs before you leave for work. And then check it again after work. That will buy some time until you can get it repaired?

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond