Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just realized my scissor jack won't fit under car with my pucks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So like some others I have purchased a used spare tire (Hyundai Genesis) that I will carry with me on occasion during trips to south Texas. Might never need to use the spare and Tesla service might even have one on hand if I need it - but I like the insurance policy. Anyway I have also purchased a heavy duty scissor jack but I discovered that the pucks I bought 18 months ago (third party) are far too thick to use with the jack. Wondering if I can just use a thinner piece of wood in place of he pucks? Also wondering if now there are some other pucks that are thinner?

So like some others I have purchased a used spare tire (Hyundai Genesis) that I will carry with me on occasion during trips to south Texas. Might never need to use the spare and Tesla service might even have one on hand if I need it - but I like the insurance policy. Anyway I have also purchased a heavy duty scissor jack but I discovered that the pucks I bought 18 months ago (third party) are far too thick to use with the jack. Wondering if I can just use a thinner piece of wood in place of he pucks? Also wondering if now there are some other pucks that are thinner?

Don't forget to also factor in how low the vehicle will be with a flat tire as well.

I ran into the same issue until I realized my Jack would not fit if I had a flat tire.

That's when I came up with this solution ;)

The perfect Model 3 emergency jack?

Don't forget to also factor in how low the vehicle will be with a flat tire as well.

I ran into the same issue until I realized my Jack would not fit if I had a flat tire.

That's when I came up with this solution ;)

The perfect Model 3 emergency jack?

I took the excellent advice of @mswlogo and purchased the Porsche Jack. Along with low profile lift pad/jack puck adaptors, I have plenty of room. Thanks mswlogo !!

Reactions: mswlogo
I have several pieces of IPE, leftover from a deck project. That's a superdense tropical hardwood. I can use it under the jack on soft ground, or I can drive up on it, to raise the car to get the jack under it. However if you get the Porsche jack, it folds down real low, and it has a nubbin on it, so you don't need a puck. And, the Porsche jack is strong enough to lift the car high enough to get both tires off the ground on one side.

• Helpful
Reactions: strykeroz

I purchased this.

Plenty of room with the puck.

1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

Reactions: JJOhio
911 Jack is what I use:

053CDC28-CBA4-42FA-83A0-5455FCC5B864.jpeg

Reactions: mswlogo
I purchased this.

Plenty of room with the puck.

1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with Rapid Pump®

Does this actually lift the car in 3.5 pumps as described on the website ? Was browsing around HF during a lunch break a while back and saw this jack (don't know if its the same one, but looks similar). Surprised by how light it was for a floor jack. My co-worker bought one to carry around in his PT Cruiser...

Does this actually lift the car in 3.5 pumps as described on the website ? Was browsing around HF during a lunch break a while back and saw this jack (don't know if its the same one, but looks similar). Surprised by how light it was for a floor jack. My co-worker bought one to carry around in his PT Cruiser...

I would say that it takes 4 pumps to get the wheels off the ground. My Model 3 is definitely heavier than my wifes' Kia Niro. I can get the Kia's wheels off the ground in 3 pumps.