Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just received my new car without ultrasonic sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a M3SR+ with parking sensors and i accepted delivery of a MYLR last night. I love everything about it, except for the lack of parking sensors. IMO, Tesla should never have sold cars without sensors - unless the camera based software was already available. We all know how long the promise for Full Self Driving has been lingering, will the camera sensors be similar?

1674258477196.jpeg

No one seems to be reading the disclaimer they are agreeing to when they are assigned a VIN.

Your car comes fully equipped with Vision-based Autopilot, which, once your car is updated to the latest version of software (2022.40.4.1), works pretty darn well and doesn't rely on USS at all. The standard Autopilot suite comes with all active emergency safety features activated by default.

These include:
  • Lane Assist (Blind spot monitoring, in Tesla's interaction, relies on vision and not on the USS or rear facing radar like in other cars)
    • Lane departure avoidance
    • Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
    • Automatic Blind spot Camera
  • Collision Avoidance Assist:
    • Forward Collision Warning
    • Automatic Emergency Braking
    • Multi-Collsion Braking
    • Obstacle-Aware Acceleration
All of these systems operate under Tesla vision only.

These are in addition to Tesla's long history of making some of the safest vehicles anyone can buy. I trust my family's safety with them so much I bought two.

Tesla removed the USS array from ALL Telsa vehicles in October of 2022. There are still some X/S being produced with them, but the majority of vehicles popping up now are USS-less.

The updates and limitations of the current system were announced via press release by Tesla. Just like I had to sign a disclaimer about my car being limited to the radar-less Vision only system back in 2021, there is a disclaimer about the lack of USS and the system's limitations when you were assigned a VIN.

Don't mean to come off as harsh, but these kinds of posts strike a chord with me. You just purchased one of the safest cars on the road. Period. To say there are no safety features is false and misinformed. If you don't want it cause it can't beep when you're not paying attention while backing up, cancel your order.
Thank you for clarifying!

I will receive my 2023 M3 RWD in a week so this information helps me sleep better!

I just checked my 2023 and it says up to date with version 2022.44.30.1 so I guess waiting on the new version 2022.40.4.1 with this new vision, you stated everyone gets. obviously that is not true and my software is up to date!!
He is giving you crap and some of it is false. The lack of warning backing up is a danger to you and others. I recently read about a tragedy where a father accidently ran over his own son playing behind vehicle.

Don't let a cyberbully tell you something you know is wrong. If he does it again , report him.

The lack of warning backing up is a danger to you and others. I recently read about a tragedy where a father accidently ran over his own son playing behind vehicle.
Cool story, Bro. So superdad looked in the wide angle, rear view camera that occupies that majority of the only screen in a Tesla, probably with the views down the side of the car visible too, and then reversed over his son, eh?

Even if this scenario did happen (which it didn't - at least not as implied) parking sensors are a convenience feature, not a safety feature. The human in the seat is responsible for driving the vehicle safely.

Cool story, Bro. So superdad looked in the wide angle, rear view camera that occupies that majority of the only screen in a Tesla, probably with the views down the side of the car visible too, and then reversed over his son, eh?

Even if this scenario did happen (which it didn't - at least not as implied) parking sensors are a convenience feature, not a safety feature. The human in the seat is responsible for driving the vehicle safely.
I am not your 'bro'.

I never said the vehicle was a Tesla or even if his car had a camera. So either you cannot comprehend or you lying to trying to be a 'tough' guy. There is no 3rd choice. The tragedy did happen but all you can think of doing is typing out a snarky remark. Very telling.

Fact:

" a 2010 report by the NHTSA stated that 210 people die every year in the United States from back-up incidents, and an additional 15,000 people are injured."

I am thinking twice of getting one now.. Plus it is so expensive, there should be some features from the start..
Too expensive?

$43,990 - $7,500 = $36,490

I was looking at a Camry priced at $36,095msrp (as built $37,290) two weeks ago and went with the M3 at the same price point.

There is absolutely no comparison between these two cars near the same price point. Plus Camry 27mpg with Zero Autopilot and compare resell values. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.