Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just received the Tesla Paint Repair Kit!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the Tesla Paint Repair Kit and looking forward to using it. I watched some videos on youtube, but there were not that many to be really helpful (really only found 2 that was helpful).

Has anyone used this before? Is there a need for this to be done with someone with experience or is this doable for a novice?

Any tips advice (or links to helpful instructions as the one provided was not enough for me as a visual learner)?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20181121_201326.jpg
    IMG_20181121_201326.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 156
I purchased the Color N Drive kit, since it supports the Multicoat pearl white. It fills in the chips pretty decently. It was difficult to put the pearl part over the top of the base white. I didn't put a lot of coats/layers down as I was running short on time. I plan to go at it again. It did work well though to hide the black that was showing before the chip repairs.

I purchased the Color N Drive kit, since it supports the Multicoat pearl white. It fills in the chips pretty decently. It was difficult to put the pearl part over the top of the base white. I didn't put a lot of coats/layers down as I was running short on time. I plan to go at it again. It did work well though to hide the black that was showing before the chip repairs.
Agreed on this. It is not perfect, but it makes it less noticeable. More than enough for my purposes.

Update on my little project. The paint repair kit is pretty good! It's not perfect, but the damage is now barely noticeable except when upclose and focusing on it. Living in LA, dings and such happen. This makes it look a bit better.

Before and after pics below.

IMG_20181202_160827 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20181202_165325.jpg

406444477_d_1185d13c-0a9e-4a23-ad39-428d393d3a86-Original_dt - Copy.jpg
IMG_20181202_165356.jpg

Reactions: NoirMS