Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just requested full self driving beta, what is next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my 2016 Model S back from the dealer who upgraded my cameras to the latest version and they installed V11 software. The dealer said that I now have everything needed to enter the FSD beta program. I requested entry into the program and agreed to all terms and conditions. I took the car out for a test drive and it didn't behave any differently than before. (No turning through intersections.) Can anyone tell me the process or why it isn't working? Do I have to wait on a download from Tesla now that I requested? Is the safety score a thing of the past now or do I have to still drive with a certain score or miles before it will start working? Thanks for any help

I just got my 2016 Model S back from the dealer who upgraded my cameras to the latest version and they installed V11 software. The dealer said that I now have everything needed to enter the FSD beta program. I requested entry into the program and agreed to all terms and conditions. I took the car out for a test drive and it didn't behave any differently than before. (No turning through intersections.) Can anyone tell me the process or why it isn't working? Do I have to wait on a download from Tesla now that I requested? Is the safety score a thing of the past now or do I have to still drive with a certain score or miles before it will start working? Thanks for any help

You need to request the software via the request button (done), and you can’t have the latest software.

You then have to wait for them to decide to grant you access and provide the special software download, which you will then have to install, and configure to enable all the features.

You probably still have to do 100 miles of AP driving too before they will consider giving you the software.

So glad it is in wide release, where everyone gets FSD, no questions asked. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Travis
Upvote 0

We used to drive at least 100 miles with a passing score. Although you no longer have to pass the Safety Score, as @AlanSubie4Life said, you still have to drive at least 100 miles on Autopilot. After that, there's nothing else you can do but wait for Tesla.

Reactions: Travis
Upvote 0
You need to request the software via the request button (done), and you can’t have the latest software.

You then have to wait for them to decide to grant you access and provide the special software download, which you will then have to install, and configure to enable all the features.

You probably still have to do 100 miles of AP driving too before they will consider giving you the software.

got it. I thought I did something wrong. I will wait for the download. Thank you

Upvote 0

No, the 100 miles of AP driving is obviously no longer a requirement. I received FSD beta without it. I assume most folks who aren't getting FSD beta aren't getting it now because either 1) they didn't actually request it, or 2) their software version is more recent than the version for the only current wide release (2022.36.20).

Upvote 0
No, the 100 miles of AP driving is obviously no longer a requirement. I received FSD beta without it. I assume most folks who aren't getting FSD beta aren't getting it now because either 1) they didn't actually request it, or 2) their software version is more recent than the version for the only current wide release (2022.36.20).
I am learning that the beta software is behind the regular software and sometimes you have to wait for it to catch up before they will give you FSD but I have V11 and 2022.44. I am assuming that V11 is compatible with 2022.44. Does anyone know for sure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I am learning that the beta software is behind the regular software and sometimes you have to wait for it to catch up before they will give you FSD but I have V11 and 2022.44. I am assuming that V11 is comparable with 2022.44. Does anyone know for sure?
It definitely is not right now (V11 is .40 as is very latest V10 apparently), but V11 is probably not what you would get anyway. And everything with v10 could get updated soon. Meaning a few weeks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am learning that the beta software is behind the regular software and sometimes you have to wait for it to catch up before they will give you FSD but I have V11 and 2022.44. I am assuming that V11 is compatible with 2022.44. Does anyone know for sure?
No, you don't have V11 of FSD beta. That's referring to a different software component (UI). If you haven't requested FSD beta, you will continue to get offered the latest software whether it is or isn't compatible with FSD beta. Currently, none of the FSD beta software is on 2022.44

Upvote 0
Okay, There are so many hardware and software iterations that it all gets confusing. Dealer said he put the latest software on the car. Here is what my car is showing me.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0
Yep you are out of luck for FSD V11 and V10 until they progress to or past 44 (which is related to WW so will reset in 2023 of course).
yes, I read where V11 is compatible with 2022.40. I was hoping it would work with .44 but looks like I'm waiting a little longer till it catches up. I have requested the FSD. Side question, the V11 that my car is showing me is not FSD related? What is that V11 for then? You said UI?

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Upvote 0
I have requested the beta. I'll hangout on 2022.28. I know you can't "downgrade" because this version of FSD is based on 2022.36. I'll hold out hope
Just checking: are you sure you’re not looking at your navigation version (2022.28)? Car software version is above that in the car display (software section of car menu), or at the bottom of the phone app.

Yes, it’s confusing but “V11” user interface has been what most everyone has had since almost a year ago (i.e. - when the car menu - quick menu switched to a grid of buttons). FSDb version currently available is still V10.69.3.1 (which is software version 2022.36.20). FSDb V11 (currently only available to Tesla employees in the FSDb program) is software version 2022.40.5.

notateslaapp.com is a good reference to keep up to date on what version is what.

Upvote 0
I requested FSD Beta and got the approval. The Safety Score showed for a day or so and the requirement to drive 100 miles on Autosteer was stated. Now the safety score does not show. I haven't driven 100 miles on Autosteer yet, maybe about 20 miles. I'll get out more once the snow storms ease off. Is Tesla waiting for me to drive more than 100 miles on Autosteer before it will show my safety score and send the 10.69 software? Thanks everyone, cheers.

Upvote 0