Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just saw a stop sign in my driver display!

Padelford

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
AP 2.0 on 2019.12.5. The sign showed up at the very last moment while on autopilot - I was trying to let the car react to a T-intersection, and I hit the brakes when I realized it wasn’t stopping itself for the intersection. No traffic light, just stop signs.

4EVar

Feb 1, 2019
Leicestershire, UK
AP 2.0 on 2019.12.5. The sign showed up at the very last moment while on autopilot - I was trying to let the car react to a T-intersection, and I hit the brakes when I realized it wasn’t stopping itself for the intersection. No traffic light, just stop signs.
I assume you're on 2020.12.5? See if you can get a pic. That's exciting!

DCGOO

Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
I assume you're on 2020.12.5? See if you can get a pic. That's exciting!

There was a feature that leaked out a couple months ago, that provided speed limit exceptions in a new badge next to the speed limit display, such as school zones etc. It was quite accurate for me, but it completely went away after a few weeks. I suspect it still works for Early Access folks (although they are not allowed to discuss it). But unfortunately that is not me (I’d love to be part of EA though). 2020.12.5 AP3, here. I see the stop signs and traffic lights, but they don’t do anything (yet).

DCGOO

Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
what is the current update being pushed I am on 2020.12.6

12.6 brings active Traffic Light and Stop Sign control. It works, but baby steps. It stops the car for all traffic signals even green, and stop signs, requiring action to proceed. You can acknowledge with a pull on the cruise stick. I suspect it requires AP3 hardware (both of my cars have that). Fortunately (so far) you *can* turn it off. I believe it is map based rather than relying on visual cues.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
I suspect 12.6 is going to people with HW3, and 12.10 is going to everyone else. I base this on looking at ev-fw.com.

am_dmd

Jan 29, 2017
PA
I have not seen stop sign but I have definitely seen traffic light for sure last Wednesday on my AP2/MCU1. I believe it was 12.5 software and now I am on 12.10. While using autosteer I came to a full stop (0 mph) at a traffic light (manually reducing speed with TACC). While still red I raised the speed to 1 mph and had loud beeping sound with red hands warning and traffic light on UL corner of my car's avatar. I didn't get a chance to reproduce this yet but if I do I will take a photo/video. I am pretty sure MCU1/AP2 can show traffic lights/signs but not the same way as AP3/MCU2.

ARMARM

Jan 25, 2018
Outer SW Sydney, NSW Australia
I had this happen on my 2017 Model X AP2.5 w MCU1 .... #legit :D :p :rolleyes:

F0C18975-73C2-47F3-827E-69C3A8E83AD2_1_105_c.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC