Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just saw a stop sign in my driver display!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
AP 2.0 on 2019.12.5. The sign showed up at the very last moment while on autopilot - I was trying to let the car react to a T-intersection, and I hit the brakes when I realized it wasn’t stopping itself for the intersection. No traffic light, just stop signs.

I assume you're on 2020.12.5? See if you can get a pic. That's exciting!

There was a feature that leaked out a couple months ago, that provided speed limit exceptions in a new badge next to the speed limit display, such as school zones etc. It was quite accurate for me, but it completely went away after a few weeks. I suspect it still works for Early Access folks (although they are not allowed to discuss it). But unfortunately that is not me (I’d love to be part of EA though). 2020.12.5 AP3, here. I see the stop signs and traffic lights, but they don’t do anything (yet).

what is the current update being pushed I am on 2020.12.6

12.6 brings active Traffic Light and Stop Sign control. It works, but baby steps. It stops the car for all traffic signals even green, and stop signs, requiring action to proceed. You can acknowledge with a pull on the cruise stick. I suspect it requires AP3 hardware (both of my cars have that). Fortunately (so far) you *can* turn it off. I believe it is map based rather than relying on visual cues.

I have not seen stop sign but I have definitely seen traffic light for sure last Wednesday on my AP2/MCU1. I believe it was 12.5 software and now I am on 12.10. While using autosteer I came to a full stop (0 mph) at a traffic light (manually reducing speed with TACC). While still red I raised the speed to 1 mph and had loud beeping sound with red hands warning and traffic light on UL corner of my car's avatar. I didn't get a chance to reproduce this yet but if I do I will take a photo/video. I am pretty sure MCU1/AP2 can show traffic lights/signs but not the same way as AP3/MCU2.

I had this happen on my 2017 Model X AP2.5 w MCU1 .... #legit :D :p :rolleyes:

F0C18975-73C2-47F3-827E-69C3A8E83AD2_1_105_c.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne