TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just saw delivery estimate go from Nov to Jan!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Vigile, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Vigile

Vigile Member

Well damn, I was getting all excited about delivery! Two days ago I saw the delivery estimate on the My Tesla site and it said:

Great!!

Today I check it...

As someone that just sold off all of his cars (with one delivery waiting for me to get my new car in...) I am disappointed. I feel like a kid at Christmas, only this time you might have to wait until AFTER Christmas!!

Did anyone else have this happen to them? Any chance it moves back up?

And yes I know my DS could have more details, but so far in my experience he has pretty vague about what could change.

Thanks!!

2. mmccord

mmccord Member

They probably just pushed 2500 Danish cars in front of yours.

3. KettleOfHawks

KettleOfHawks Member

My delivery has said December - early January since I ordered on 10/3. My DS has always said it would be mid-December and when I talked to him today, he let me know my car is in final QA on the line and should ship from the factory to Columbus over the next couple of weeks, and then head on a truck up to Michigan to get to me by early December. Your DS should have the best estimate.

4. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

I haven't been religiously checking until I read treads like this one, and sure enough mine did the same thing....

5. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

They'd better have a really fast boat.

6. vitaliy

vitaliy Member

I've requested postponed delivery to earliest date in 2016, which I was told will be mid January. This morning I saw change from "January, 2016" to "February, 2016 - Early March, 2016". Which is 45 extra days!!!

I was very angry just 10 minutes ago, but now, considering Speculate: what will be included in the next major revamp of the Model S? and 2016 VIN, maybe it's not such a big deal.....

7. Vigile

Vigile Member

Seems like something VERY specific happened to push all of our dates back by nearly the same amount. The 2500 Danish order isn't that crazy then...any other theories? Is there a scheduled shut down at the factory other than the expected holidays?

8. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Perhaps whatever the log jam that that was delaying the X has been removed, and tesla is reducing the number of S builds in favor of getting some decent volume of X's out.

9. djn04

djn04 Member

I just checked on mine. I ordered on 10.30 and it went into production on 11.16. Mine still says delivery late November-December, but I'm picking mine up at the factory. My vin is 116197.

10. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

It appears whatever is happening it is not impacting vehicles already in production. The production slots are being used for something else. It could also be that the X is causing the line to slow down.

11. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

I doubt it. My verbal estimate was pushed back from late November. Given there's nothing on my.tesla I'm preparing myself for it to slip into 2016.

12. Vigile

Vigile Member

Mine was already in production though, so not sure this is the case...

13. maximus16

maximus16 Member

I went from being made with a delivery of Late Nov to Early December and then when I refreshed in about 1-2 hours it went to December-early January...

14. Vigile

Vigile Member

This sounds like it definitely a very specific issue that cropped up. What were you specs? Mine are in my sig.

15. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

What's strange to me is that the website is still giving a "late December" delivery date for orders placed today.

16. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

17. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

18. djn04

djn04 Member

This is strange. Mine still shows Late November-December. Our cars are only about 500 vin numbers apart, and they both entered production on 11/16.

My specs are 85D, silver, pano, 19s, black next-gen, black headliner, premium interior, piano black, SAS, and AP.

Someone with a delay should contact their DS. If it's for a hardware revision, I would ask for a delay rather than receive an "old" Model S.

19. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Makes no sense to me. It had just ticked over from late November to December as I placed the order. Latest verbal update is "well, uhhh, yeah maybe mid December". They've been taking orders for over 2 months for delivery in December, and new orders still deliver in December? I'm going to guess that field is just a guess by the marketing/sale guy in charge of updating the page.

I kind of expected much more detailed online tracking given their software roots.

- - - Updated - - -

my.teslamotors.com should tell me which robot is working on it now and a picture of it. :-/ Just sayin....

20. Vigile

Vigile Member

I definitely agree there - they have the ABILITY to show real-time stats and live views of your car if they wanted. Obviously they wouldn't do that though. Heh.