Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just saw Tesla roadside roll up to black MS in our VISA parking lot...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has Ranger Service in Fresno for transport to the Seaside/Monterey Service Center, about 150 miles away. According to the Ranger, Tesla has established a "Service Center" in Fresno, even though there is no permanent building. Our Ranger is resident, so he can come to the car to do minor fixes, or attach the trailer to haul our cars to Seaside where he will work on them there. He said we have about 110 Teslas in and about town, but the exact timing of opening a brick-and-mortar Service Center is yet to be determined.

I had to have my battery heater replaced two weeks ago, and voila! he showed up and took it away to Seaside, returning the next day. No charge as it was a warranty item.

Also, I'm guessing warranty issues - at least, Tesla-initiated ones - don't count as Ranger service. Maybe it was something like that.

I say this because Tesla contacted me about some battery thing they want to do to my car (no clue what it is, really) that requires my car have 30% charge or less. They offered to pick up my car and drop off a loaner; I was surprised. I do have to pick it up at the Service Center the next day (they weren't sure they'd have someone available to swap the car back), which I was fine with.

ETA: To clarify, my car is fine (totally drivable); they contacted me out of the blue.

Last edited:
Also, I'm guessing warranty issues - at least, Tesla-initiated ones - don't count as Ranger service. Maybe it was something like that.

I say this because Tesla contacted me about some battery thing they want to do to my car (no clue what it is, really) that requires my car have 30% charge or less. They offered to pick up my car and drop off a loaner; I was surprised. I do have to pick it up at the Service Center the next day (they weren't sure they'd have someone available to swap the car back), which I was fine with.

ETA: To clarify, my car is fine (totally drivable); they contacted me out of the blue.
Tesla service is doing this for my car (Sig S85, VIN 009xx). They proactively called, arranged a loaner P85D for the day while they swapped my battery for a loaner sent from Freemont. Said I'd get my upgraded battery in 4-6 weeks, meantime enjoy driving all I want on their loaner battery.

Excellent proactive service that I only experience from Tesla. Wow.

Tesla service is doing this for my car (Sig S85, VIN 009xx). They proactively called, arranged a loaner P85D for the day while they swapped my battery for a loaner sent from Freemont. Said I'd get my upgraded battery in 4-6 weeks, meantime enjoy driving all I want on their loaner battery.

Excellent proactive service that I only experience from Tesla. Wow.

Cool - is this a warranty thing, then, or are you buying a battery upgrade?