Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just saw two Tesla's in a crash... One new without plates!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it a bit concerning that the rear wheel came off? I mean who knows exactly how hard the impact was, but should rear wheels be popping off like that?
You have no information (and neither do I) as to the circumstances of that accident. To use a phrase like "popping off" is just foolish.

a shame really, that's over 200k worth of car probably, and now both out of commission for a few weeks or months. shaking my head...

Totally agree.

We're in a rare juxtaposed period in history; blessed with so many advances countered by so little gratitude or empathy for those - whose risks, not taken, would never have borne this beauty.

'... a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing ... '
- Oscar Wilde

Well, the left rear wheel is clearly detached from the car. Would using terms like "fell off", "knocked off", "dislodged", or "broken off" make you feel better?

"Broken off" would. "Popped off" makes it sound like it was held on with clips or something.

You may not be aware, but there's a notorious troll who pops up around these parts from time to time claiming that Tesla has a major safety problem with wheels falling off. He maintains an entire photo gallery full of pictures of post-crash Teslas where the wheels came off as support for this idea. I'm sure it was unintended, but you sounded just like him.

With the concentration of Teslas in CA, it was bound to happen eventually (if it had not happened before without any TMC member noticing). Leaving aside the details we do not know, it really should be no more remarkable than if two Benzes or two Volvos or two of anything else happened to collide.
Then again, maybe it is a "magnetic attraction..." (tongue in cheek!).

Reactions: Cyclone
driving down PCH in Redondo Beach and saw this, two tesla's appear to have sideswiped each other. A couple in one and two chicks in the other.

White car has front end damage and the black one, the rear wheel is busted off.

Bad night for these two fellow tesla drivers.

Sorry to see that this happened, and I hope that those involved are all right. I'm also surprised at what seems to be some uncaring comments in this thread, making a joke of the crash.

Reactions: DrManhattan
White was driving, black one was parked on the side of the road
Well, the left rear wheel is clearly detached from the car. Would using terms like "fell off", "knocked off", "dislodged", or "broken off" make you feel better?
You have no information (and neither do I) as to the circumstances of that accident. To use a phrase like "popping off" is just foolish.

So we are saying the White Tesla viciously "popped off" (or "broke off") the Black Tesla for just being parked on the side of the road? :p