Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just scratched my hood nice and good - any ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Was just giving my Model 3 a dry wash and some bird poop got a little stuck, and the end result of me trying to remove it was this:

B7 E51260 CDCA 4 A2 E 80 A6 FD25479 AF37 C

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Is there a touch up paint I could/should use, or am I better off taking it to a local detailer/body shop to see what they could do?

Any advice is appreciated. Car is just a week old!

Does it catch your fingernail when you run your fingernail across it?

From the photo it is not clear if this is all the way through the clear coat into the paint, into the primer, down to metal. Try to take a better photo.

If the car is well sealed with a good wax or sealer then the most you should need to do is buffing the clear coat with a random orbital buffer and a low abrasive polish.

If it’s down to the paint you can try dr colorchip as long as they have your paint code, will be much cheaper than taking it to a body shop.

Take it to a detailer, They can compound and polish it out. Don't put paint on it. Lucky you went side to side which is easier to buff out.

I had a bird poop on the passenger side hood and didn't see it for a week. It left a stain on my hood and I buffed it out. Had to go deep with the compound to get it. Your hood will be okay, don't worry.

Hey all,

Was just giving my Model 3 a dry wash and some bird poop got a little stuck, and the end result of me trying to remove it was this:

B7 E51260 CDCA 4 A2 E 80 A6 FD25479 AF37 C

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Is there a touch up paint I could/should use, or am I better off taking it to a local detailer/body shop to see what they could do?

Any advice is appreciated. Car is just a week old!
That sucks. I had a front door screen, caught by the wind, scrape across my hood leaving long white scratches. I freaked out and drove to my detailer where he removed the scratches perfectly. It scraped the paint but not down to bare metal(thank God). I think if I were you I'd bring it to a good detailer. At the very least they'll be able to check it out and advise you.