TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just Sold my S.... Last words..

Discussion in 'Model X' started by macd1995, Aug 11, 2017.

1. macd1995

macd1995 Member

AP1 is soo much smoother than AP2. I was a lot more comfortable with the letting the Car do its thing driving the S vs AP 2 on the X.

AP1 shows your lane and the adjacent two lanes... and lights up the tracking car in Blue.... and shows trucks and motorcycles. I haven't noticed any of this on the X. Parity still seems a long way away.

Same Drive, same speed, X burned 22% more electricity than the S. I have 26% more range, so I still come out ahead, but by a lot less than I thought. (100D X vs 70D S with max reduced to 235) - see below. Was that worth all the extra $$$? Debatable I think.

I AM happy to be rid of the spotty Bluetooth on the S. So annoying... randomly decides to lose connection or not connect at all. I like to hear Waze directions over the music, so I listen to my Google Play lists as opposed to the USB stick.

S steering felt stiffer than the X (not sure which I prefer) and the steering wheel sensor is more receptive than the X (read S steering wheel was better... this is annoying on the X. Sometimes i have to hit the breaks and then re-engage Autopilot just so I don't lose AP privileges for the remainder of the ride.

I was FINALLY able to complete a perpendicular park on the X after 1500 miles. This was a breeze in the S.

NVX subwoofer gave me some problems initially, but after the THIRD try, it really sounds good in the S. The Premium sound on the X is better, but adding a sub to the S made a big difference to the basic sound system.

Not sure how I feel about the overhead lights on the X. Its cool, but not that great at night when i am trying to unload my Black vue Memory card (for example).

I love the uniqueness of the X - hence the swap. The wh/mile monitoring has me driving more conservatively -- so that is a good thing. My daughters think the Falcon doors are cooler than the the rear facing seats.. though the oldest was sad to see the S go. My wife is very happy that the kids will never be sitting in the trunk again, and she likes sitting higher on the road - so you see which vehicle comes out on top for me.

Side note.. we drove the same distance, but S logged more miles... really not sure what that is about......

IMG_20170811_105327.jpg IMG_20170811_105303.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2