Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Sold my S.... Last words..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP1 is soo much smoother than AP2. I was a lot more comfortable with the letting the Car do its thing driving the S vs AP 2 on the X.

AP1 shows your lane and the adjacent two lanes... and lights up the tracking car in Blue.... and shows trucks and motorcycles. I haven't noticed any of this on the X. Parity still seems a long way away.

Same Drive, same speed, X burned 22% more electricity than the S. I have 26% more range, so I still come out ahead, but by a lot less than I thought. (100D X vs 70D S with max reduced to 235) - see below. Was that worth all the extra $$$? Debatable I think.

I AM happy to be rid of the spotty Bluetooth on the S. So annoying... randomly decides to lose connection or not connect at all. I like to hear Waze directions over the music, so I listen to my Google Play lists as opposed to the USB stick.

S steering felt stiffer than the X (not sure which I prefer) and the steering wheel sensor is more receptive than the X (read S steering wheel was better... this is annoying on the X. Sometimes i have to hit the breaks and then re-engage Autopilot just so I don't lose AP privileges for the remainder of the ride.

I was FINALLY able to complete a perpendicular park on the X after 1500 miles. This was a breeze in the S.

NVX subwoofer gave me some problems initially, but after the THIRD try, it really sounds good in the S. The Premium sound on the X is better, but adding a sub to the S made a big difference to the basic sound system.

Not sure how I feel about the overhead lights on the X. Its cool, but not that great at night when i am trying to unload my Black vue Memory card (for example).

I love the uniqueness of the X - hence the swap. The wh/mile monitoring has me driving more conservatively -- so that is a good thing. My daughters think the Falcon doors are cooler than the the rear facing seats.. though the oldest was sad to see the S go. My wife is very happy that the kids will never be sitting in the trunk again, and she likes sitting higher on the road - so you see which vehicle comes out on top for me.

Side note.. we drove the same distance, but S logged more miles... really not sure what that is about......

IMG_20170811_105327.jpg
IMG_20170811_105303.jpg