Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just sold my S

miggz410

Jun 25, 2016
Bay Area, California
Just sold my 2016 S75... Does the extended warranty and free unlimited supercharging/data transfer to the new owner automatically once I remove the car from my profile, and enter all the new owner's information? Or do I have to call or email someone from Tesla to make the transfer?

I'm the original owner and first time selling a Tesla to the third party.

Thanks in advance...

GreenT

verT
Mar 14, 2014
France
Transferred automatically when I sold mine.
I needed to do nothing ... still had access to the app. and maybe I watched my car for a while. (Sold it to Carmax.)
Then one day I got an email from the mothership telling me they'd turned my ability to STALK off. But. But. But???

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
As long as the car you sold had Free Unlimited Supercharging for Life (FUSC) and free Premium Data that was transferable (read: you didn't buy it from Tesla as used or a 3rd party dealer within the last year or so) it automatically follows to the new owner as long as it's a private party buyer and not a trade-in to a 3rd party dealership or Tesla.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

miggz410

Jun 25, 2016
Bay Area, California
As long as the car you sold had Free Unlimited Supercharging for Life (FUSC) and free Premium Data that was transferable (read: you didn't buy it from Tesla as used or a 3rd party dealer within the last year or so) it automatically follows to the new owner as long as it's a private party buyer and not a trade-in to a 3rd party dealership or Tesla.

Yes sorry what I meant is that I sold my car to a private buyer...

Also seems like Tesla updated their profile page again, I no longer see where it says Supercharging is transferable if you sell your car... But when I do click on the details under my VIN on the top left, it does show Free Unlimited Supercharging under Car Details. But does not say if its transferable.

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.18.2
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Yes sorry what I meant is that I sold my car to a private buyer...

Also seems like Tesla updated their profile page again, I no longer see where it says Supercharging is transferable if you sell your car... But when I do click on the details under my VIN on the top left, it does show Free Unlimited Supercharging under Car Details. But does not say if its transferable.
FUSC should transfer since your car was built in 2016 and you are selling it privately.

Reactions: Ostrichsak

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
>>it does show Free Unlimited Supercharging under Car Details<<
It will also show
"black interior" and "21" wheels" (for example) - that describes the car so as a matter of common sense would apply until its grave unless an owner changes anything.
But "Law" and "Common sense" don't belong in the same sentence.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC