TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Just some thing I have noticed any one else

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Bheuring, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Bheuring

Bheuring Member

I think that tesla needs to put super chargers in places were attract tourists or people on vacation I have been to The Wisconsin Dells awesome for water parks they have a cool strip no were to charge pigeon Forge Tennessee another great strip no were to charge and frankmoth Michigan another strip no were to charge
    Please comment where you've been on vacation and if there's been places to charge it will help me have somewhere to go next year

• Like x 1
  2. Burnt Toast

Burnt Toast Member

I think Tesla customers need to put commas and fullstops in places they belong, so other people can understand.

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  3. Bheuring

Bheuring Member

Lol your proble right

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Tesla puts Superchargers on the routes people take to get to places, rather than the places themselves.

So, for Wisconsin Dells, for example, there is a Supercharger less than 50 miles away in Madison, WI and 22 miles away in Mauston, WI.

The expectation is that over time, destinations will add charging that's used while people are in those locations.

• Informative x 1
  5. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

Destinations are designed for destination chargers (thus the name) not superchargers.

There are 3 hotels/resorts with destination charging in WI Dells, for example, and multiple superchargers that are "near" to allow travel there.

• Informative x 1
  6. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Any place people are going to spend multiple hours doesn't require SC locations.

• Like x 1
  7. mblanshard

mblanshard Member

Would be better off to have L2 chargers or HPWCs at the destinations. Since I'm going to be there all day anyway 110 might even be enough to get me back to the supercharger.

8. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Great points. More on the destination chargers is available here: Find Us | Tesla.

You can also check out the PlugShare app.