Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just spoke to a SA today regarding delivery to Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a slight detour on the way into work to see if the lineup of Model 3s at Marina Del Rey from Thursday morning had all been delivered. Either the answer is no, or they got a delivery of a hundred or so Thursday night, because it still looked like the below Friday morning. Hopefully my car is one of these! My current status: provided availability, paid in full, no vin and no pick up date. (BTW, there is another row and a half of cars behind the row you see in the photo.)

Attachments

• 39C73F43-6E5D-4EE6-8725-0D1EDE868721.jpeg
    39C73F43-6E5D-4EE6-8725-0D1EDE868721.jpeg
    764.5 KB · Views: 121
Squeaky wheel gets the car:

12/16/19
Received delivery availability email. (Requested 12/22 or 12/25.)

12/17/19
Paid in full per request on account page at Tesla.com

12-17 thru 12-20
Radio silence

12-20
Called Marina del Rey to find out when I can pick up the car. They said sorry they haven’t contacted me and yes, I have a car and yes it’s on the lot and yes it’s ready for pickup. Can I come now? I scheduled for tomorrow.

Never did have a VIN show up in my account. Hopefully when I get there tomorrow I really will have a car ready. We shall see.

so D-day was today.... and it went well.
DC: Marina Del Rey

Positive: Quick check out with no pressure to take my time with inspecting the car.
Negative: Nobody helped me with inspections. I thought at least someone will be there for a while.. but after I got the paperwork it was like "find your car on the lot."

Pros: Quick adjustments to everything I've found. all fixed.

What did I find on the car? (pictures attached) - they fixed them all.

1. Side of middle panel on Steering wheel was scratched up.
2. Front left headlight was popping too far out.
3. door panel seal was wrinkled on one side of rear seat window. and bunched up on driver side.
4. Rear driver 7/8 sensor was popped in.
5. and a small thick line scratch on the wood panel. (this was not fixed)

It took them 10min to do all these.

At home I realized i don't have the trial premium connectivity running on my car so I called and hours later it was resolve. I guess OTA.

Overall no major issues. Good panel gaps. No paint issues I could find. No scratches, touched every feet of that car.

One happy new owner.

View attachment 490485 View attachment 490486 View attachment 490487 View attachment 490488 View attachment 490489 View attachment 490490

So happy you got your car! Finally graduated the waiting forums haha!

Reactions: Csamika
Just wanted to share here that I've had the car for a little over a week now. Loving every single minute of it. Just got the windows tinted at 30% Ceramic Rayno S9 film all sides and 15% in the back so it blends nicely on with the roof. Also switched the pedals with the Performance pedals!

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 73
Picked up today in Marina del Rey. (LR AWD, white/black, aero wheels ordered on 10/20.) Great experience. I screwed up my registration on my trade-in but they agreed to take it anyway after about an hour delay (my fault). I took 45 mins inspecting the car by myself, which I preferred. I don’t want a Tesla rep hanging over me, even if they are friendly and no pressure (which they all are). I didn’t get through my whole checklist because it was just taking too long and I was getting antsy and my daughter was long since ready to go. I did notice that the trunk lid was not quite centered and was a tad too close to the body on the left side. Most of the other cars on the lot did not have that problem, so I asked them to fix it. The first guy I talked to, with an accent, said that was “how American cars are.” Whatever, I knew he would be an outlier. The next guy I talked to offered to fix it no problem and 15 mins later I was on my way. So fun! Everyone at the Marina location is so friendly and happy to be giving out Tesla’s. Who wouldn’t be!

Picked up today in Marina del Rey. (LR AWD, white/black, aero wheels ordered on 10/20.) Great experience. I screwed up my registration on my trade-in but they agreed to take it anyway after about an hour delay (my fault). I took 45 mins inspecting the car by myself, which I preferred. I don’t want a Tesla rep hanging over me, even if they are friendly and no pressure (which they all are). I didn’t get through my whole checklist because it was just taking too long and I was getting antsy and my daughter was long since ready to go. I did notice that the trunk lid was not quite centered and was a tad too close to the body on the left side. Most of the other cars on the lot did not have that problem, so I asked them to fix it. The first guy I talked to, with an accent, said that was “how American cars are.” Whatever, I knew he would be an outlier. The next guy I talked to offered to fix it no problem and 15 mins later I was on my way. So fun! Everyone at the Marina location is so friendly and happy to be giving out Tesla’s. Who wouldn’t be!

Congrats and enjoy the ride!

Reactions: jnhashmi

I had a great experience there when I picked up 12/10. It took them longer to find the all weather floor mats I wanted to buy than to sign the registration and a few other paper works lol!

Thanks, Ronnie! I'm crossing my fingers for you - gotta figure they're probably done producing for everywhere but West Coast at this point. And they know which state butters their bread.

I just received mine yesterday, unexpectedly.
Very happy to have my own M3.

I think they just increase the production this month to boost up the sales.

Anyway, happy holidays.

Hey, congrats! And it appears you got it before the door closed on the Federal tax credit. Enjoy, and let’s see some pics!

Thanks, and yes, I got the tax credit in time

The beauty is not only about the car, but also the free charging. There is a free charging point at work, and that means basically I don't need to pay for charging for most of the time.

Attached is the picture of my car
Tesla.jpg

Thanks, and yes, I got the tax credit in time

The beauty is not only about the car, but also the free charging. There is a free charging point at work, and that means basically I don't need to pay for charging for most of the time.

I love that companies are doing this. I suspect more and more people will use this as a reason to choose job X over job Y.

Reactions: RONNIEC
That could be a reason but fairly small monetary “bonus” Depending how many miles driven, available every day to charge enough, charger at home etc. either way, it’s very nice not to pay to fuel up a car!

By us in the SV you see companies putting dozens of chargers in front of each of their buildings. One the building I visit has at least 60 A/C chargers and 1 or 2 Highspeed DC chargers. As I understand it, you can stay at an AC charger 1/2 day and DC for 1 hour max.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: boriszima
That could be a reason but fairly small monetary “bonus” Depending how many miles driven, available every day to charge enough, charger at home etc. either way, it’s very nice not to pay to fuel up a car!

Maybe it is not a big enough incentive for people to change jobs, but seems like it is a trend now that, when companies moving around and search for new office, they would request the landlord to do so and add a couple of charges in the parking lot.

Maybe it is not a big enough incentive for people to change jobs, but seems like it is a trend now that, when companies moving around and search for new office, they would request the landlord to do so and add a couple of charges in the parking lot.

Not enough to change jobs, but if you have multiple job choices it would be a point to consider.

Home charging cost me .04/mile. I drive 10,000 miles per year so I spend $400 on electricity to keep my car running.

I certainly wouldn’t complain about someone offering me free charging but it’s not going to make any difference either way. I have 10,000 free supercharging miles and I’ve been to the supercharger once in a year.

Curious how long it took to get the new license plates / registrations for ppl in California.
I took delivery on 12.19.19 so not expecting the plates till end of Jan, but let me know how long it took you.

I got mine on Friday. Somehow, only the rear plate wound up on the car. :D

it was nice to get the registration so quickly be able to submit the SoCal Edison and State of CVRP rebate requests.

Reactions: Csamika and RONNIEC