Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just spoke to a SA today regarding delivery to Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have been watching this forum since last month and just decided to create an account here.

Anyways, I ordered a SR+ MSM / Black interior with 19 sports wheels, no FSD on Oct. 11th via Tesla Website.

Initial delivery estimate was 2 weeks - now 2 weeks is gone from website. No VIN no updates since then.

I decided to call and spoke to my SA today in Glendale - he said that he has the production schedule of my car which will be later towards this week, and he said that I will get my car sometime next week. He sounded like he was very confident of what he was saying.

After reading all the posts here lately and knowing the fact that mostly I will not receive my car until December, what he told me seemed to be kinda skeptical.

So I asked, "How confident are you on this delivery schedule?"

He said "I am very very confident."

What do you guys think?

Hello, I have been watching this forum since last month and just decided to create an account here.

Anyways, I ordered a SR+ MSM / Black interior with 19 sports wheels, no FSD on Oct. 11th via Tesla Website.

Initial delivery estimate was 2 weeks - now 2 weeks is gone from website. No VIN no updates since then.

I decided to call and spoke to my SA today in Glendale - he said that he has the production schedule of my car which will be later towards this week, and he said that I will get my car sometime next week. He sounded like he was very confident of what he was saying.

After reading all the posts here lately and knowing the fact that mostly I will not receive my car until December, what he told me seemed to be kinda skeptical.

What do you guys think?
You may get lucky but healthy skepticism is in order. I ordered on 10/22 via Tesla website with delivery in Buena Park (SR+ White/Black 18". Went to location for test drive yesterday and was informed by SA that deliveries are targeted for mid December in CA. We will see....

You may get lucky but healthy skepticism is in order. I ordered on 10/22 via Tesla website with delivery in Buena Park (SR+ White/Black 18". Went to location for test drive yesterday and was informed by SA that deliveries are targeted for mid December in CA. We will see....

I hope its not mid december for CA, that would hurt us the changes to the rebate. I think changes go into effect dec 3?

Reactions: ZappCatt
There is no point in beating up on Sales Associates. They are the proverbial "boots on the ground". Whether or not they are kept up to date by Tesla Corporate isn't important. What is important is exactly what (if any) information they are allowed to pass on to customers.

Therein lies the randomness. Some SAs seem willing to push the envelope as to what information they can relay. Still others will blindly repeat the same answer to every question. I've run into both types, so it is a crap shoot.

Don't get angry/frustrated at SAs, they are there to help you. If you want to vent, do it at the perplexing policy that's been passed down on them.

There is no point in beating up on Sales Associates. They are the proverbial "boots on the ground". Whether or not they are kept up to date by Tesla Corporate isn't important. What is important is exactly what (if any) information they are allowed to pass on to customers.

Therein lies the randomness. Some SAs seem willing to push the envelope as to what information they can relay. Still others will blindly repeat the same answer to every question. I've run into both types, so it is a crap shoot.

Don't get angry/frustrated at SAs, they are there to help you. If you want to vent, do it at the perplexing policy that's been passed down on them.
I agree. One SA told me (before I ordered) that most people don't stay with Tesla more than a year or so - at least SA's. It's not an easy job, likely poorly paid, and customers constantly nag them.

What do you guys think?
I've read these posts as well. Our local store here in PA has a few 3's just delivered with the protective plastic for shipping still affixed, so some US cars have been built and shipped, although supposedly they're shipping first to the east coast. But they build in batches, so maybe that mixes up the delivery locations.

Spoke to SA in Santa Barbara today and he said mid december for october orders. He also said $500 is not that big of deal which i beg to differ for anyone in cali that takes delivery Dec 3rd or later only gets $2000 for CA rebate. Come on Tesla pump those cars out soon!!

And for S/X orders it is $2500! I would call that a big deal when your expectations were you would get that rebate.

Spoke to SA in Santa Barbara today and he said mid december for october orders. He also said $500 is not that big of deal which i beg to differ for anyone in cali that takes delivery Dec 3rd or later only gets $2000 for CA rebate. Come on Tesla pump those cars out soon!!

You should tell him if $500 isn't that big of a deal, Tesla should make up for it since it is still advertised as an incentive on their site. They're actively listing that 2500 incentive when they clearly know CA orders won't be getting cars by Dec 03. The could either deliver cars before that date or make up the 500 dollars. I assume make up the 500 dollars since "$500 is not that big of a deal" to them.

You should tell him if $500 isn't that big of a deal, Tesla should make up for it since it is still advertised as an incentive on their site. They're actively listing that 2500 incentive when they clearly know CA orders won't be getting cars by Dec 03. The could either deliver cars before that date or make up the 500 dollars. I assume make up the 500 dollars since "$500 is not that big of a deal" to them.
amen!

Reactions: ZappCatt
Yes, aren't about 30% or Teslas delivered to California? If not, it a big percentage of the total.

I asked my advisor about the rebate and how it was still being advertised an an incentive with regard to those orders made on the east coast receiving vehicles before CA orders thus not making the rebate deadline. They just sorry, out of our hands. Technically it is in their hands, they could make up for it or just deliver the cars before that date. Even something small like 500 credit for accessories or 500 credit for supercharging. I get its logistics in how they ship things to maximize sales to appease wall street, but it feels like CA owners are getting double shafted because of the rebate change.