Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just spoke to a SA today regarding delivery to Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was super inspired by @justin.jdl and gave a call to Marina Del Rey Delivery center since I ordered a few days before and the same trim.

Today's news:
Associate: 'Ah don't believe anything you read on the forums"
Me: uhm..
Also me in my mind: So far i've learned way more on the forums than from Tesla SA or DC. Matter of fact none of you on the Tesla side proved that I can believe anything your'e saying. 2 weeks delivery estimate blown into 8weeks +. At times late Nov. then early Dec even second 2 weeks of dec.
Associate: You're account looks all done and ready for the VIN which you'll be getting between Dec 15-31.
me: Wow, so I could be getting a VIN on Dec 31, which means no delivery this year... So it sounds like I won't be getting a VIN till Dec 15, correct?
Associate: Yes. I'm sorry for your inconvenience. We do things differently than other car companies.

Sigh.
Note to self: stop checking for VIN.

“Don’t believe anything on the forums” haha is this person implying people on the forums post fake news? Ok whatever you say, Donald Trump

I was super inspired by @justin.jdl and gave a call to Marina Del Rey Delivery center since I ordered a few days before and the same trim.

Today's news:
Also me in my mind: So far i've learned way more on the forums than from Tesla SA or DC. Matter of fact none of you on the Tesla side proved that I can believe anything your'e saying. 2 weeks delivery estimate blown into 8weeks +. At times late Nov. then early Dec even second 2 weeks of dec.
Associate: You're account looks all done and ready for the VIN which you'll be getting between Dec 15-31.
me: Wow, so I could be getting a VIN on Dec 31, which means no delivery this year... So it sounds like I won't be getting a VIN till Dec 15, correct?
Associate: Yes. I'm sorry for your inconvenience. We do things differently than other car companies.

Sigh.

Today's news:

Sigh.

Note to self: Don't ever call this idiot again!

They really don't know much. I have heard from enough SAs that they don't know anything until your car is way along in the manufacturing process - and sometimes a bit after it has been built. They have very little inside information. Tesla likes to keep SA's in the dark - knowing nothing! "We do things differently than other car companies" - what crap!

Do not worry. You will get your car before the end of the month. I'm really sorry you have to wait and wait and wait. Tesla will have a big pile or crap to deal with if they didn't make good on October orders. Yes, they punish Californians because they take us for granted. We have the highest percentage of Teslas on the road and they know it. They need us!

I was in the bay area around Thanksgiving, showed up at the local Tesla location and just asked an SA there to check just to see if anything changed. After checking some internal dashboard, SA seemed very confident I'd get delivery before Christmas.

I ordered a LR AWD on 11/5 at Century City, no VIN yet in source or otherwise, so we'll see! Patience is hard, but hope this helps someone out there stay sane.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
lol nice to see you’re a lot more optimistic ever since you got your car :D

Well, I'm optimistic that cars will come. I am impressed with my car each day I drive it.

But I really think Tesla has a few screws loose as a company. They have the only game in town as far as EV's go (IMO). California is the place that is showing that EVs can be viable and live in large quantities - but Tesla continues to treat us as if we are an afterthought.

Ironically, the only reason I got a car is that I was a pain in everyone's butt at the local showrooms until I got a stealth assigned to me that was already built. If I had waited for my original (10/11) car, I'd still be waiting now without a VIN.:eek:

I dropped in the Marina del Rey delivery center today to ask about timing and got some useful information. The guy behind the desk was super friendly and helpful:
1. The trade-in quote expiration has been extended to 60 days from 30, an acknowledgment of the long wait times. However, the less-than-1,000 additional miles requirement still stands.
2. He looked up the order date of someone who got their white Model 3 long range delivered today (12/7/19), and they ordered on 10/13. (I ordered on 10/20. Maybe that means I am a week behind?)
3. He said they are due to get tons of deliveries the last two weeks in December. Commenting to the effect of 'you will definitely get your car by the end of the year'. This lines up with the 6-10 weeks estimate I was given when I ordered.

We parted with a "see you soon!" : -)

I dropped in the Marina del Rey delivery center today to ask about timing and got some useful information. The guy behind the desk was super friendly and helpful:
1. The trade-in quote expiration has been extended to 60 days from 30, an acknowledgment of the long wait times. However, the less-than-1,000 additional miles requirement still stands.
2. He looked up the order date of someone who got their white Model 3 long range delivered today (12/7/19), and they ordered on 10/13. (I ordered on 10/20. Maybe that means I am a week behind?)
3. He said they are due to get tons of deliveries the last two weeks in December. Commenting to the effect of 'you will definitely get your car by the end of the year'. This lines up with the 6-10 weeks estimate I was given when I ordered.

We parted with a "see you soon!" : -)

Thank you!

This latest info echoes what i'm hearing from my S.A. at the Burbank location. I ordered a P3D+ on 10/23. She replied this morning saying the car will be delivered in the next 1 to 2 weeks. Of course all i saw today where white dual motor 3's everywhere in town. :( As long as I get by EOY, i'm good.

Whoops - Sherman Oaks. I'm still fairly new to the area, and forget exactly where things are.

But much more importantly... I GOT A VIN!!! Holy Moly! I'm in shock. My S.A. wasn't B.S.'ing me.

Anybody else in SoCal get their VIN yet?

Whoops - Sherman Oaks. I'm still fairly new to the area, and forget exactly where things are.

But much more importantly... I GOT A VIN!!! Holy Moly! I'm in shock. My S.A. wasn't B.S.'ing me.

Anybody else in SoCal get their VIN yet?

you got P3D+ VIN in South Bay??
What trim? FSD?
You may be the first one from South Bay!

ordered 10/10
P3D white/black FSD
Marina Del Ray