Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just spoke to a SA today regarding delivery to Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I've been MIA cuz I've been enjoying this thing so much!

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpeg
    IMG_0796.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0769.jpeg
    IMG_0769.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 62
Took delivery last night. Unbelievable to drive. The guy who introduced me to my car said there are 1,500 of them coming into the city this weekend. They’re coming!

Here are a couple pics - best I could do in poor light.

View attachment 487411
View attachment 487412

Congrats, that is a very nice car.
I ordered mine on 12/05 and hopefully I will get it before the end of year.
SA kept saying I have a very high chance... but I am not that optimistic :(

Enjoy the ride :)

Reactions: kysrsoze
Congrats, that is a very nice car.
I ordered mine on 12/05 and hopefully I will get it before the end of year.
SA kept saying I have a very high chance... but I am not that optimistic :(

Enjoy the ride :)

Thanks, Ronnie! I'm crossing my fingers for you - gotta figure they're probably done producing for everywhere but West Coast at this point. And they know which state butters their bread.

Here is a verY unpleasant update. I ordered on October 11. Got a tentative delivery time for this Sunday. Got a new email today that they are pushing it back to December 24. I am fluctuating between trying to decide if I should scream cry or just hit a wall really hard. I am at the very end of my patience I don’t think that this is right.

Here is a verY unpleasant update. I ordered on October 11. Got a tentative delivery time for this Sunday. Got a new email today that they are pushing it back to December 24. I am fluctuating between trying to decide if I should scream cry or just hit a wall really hard. I am at the very end of my patience I don’t think that this is right.
It's not right. Man, why does Tesla do things like this???
I really feel for you and hope you get your car soon!

That’s terrible. Sorry. At least it’s still this year so you get the tax break. Think of it as the best Christmas present you could possibly imagine! Hang in there.

Last edited:

i ordered oct 13 and haven’t heard a single peep, nothing but silence....not sure which is worse....

Finally a bit of a good news!
As numb as I become the sight of a fresh VIN popping up with the Chrome extension made me snap back into Tesla fever.

I
have
a
VIN
number! - Surreal.

It feels like I've made it to the next level on this big ol' game we play.
Back to giddy and inpatient.

Delivery date still scheduled for the 24th.
I've just emailed my DC contact at Marina Del Rey to see if there is any chance it's earlier.

Finally a bit of a good news!

Delivery date still scheduled for the 24th.

I can't think of a better gift to receive on Christmas Eve, keep that smile going man.

Also I'll add that my delivery day was scheduled for the 14th, and they called me 4 days earlier to say the car was there and that I could come pick it up. Stay optimistic, you're about to have an amazing vehicle!

• Love
Reactions: Csamika
Update.
I had to hustle for this one.

DC - Marina Del Rey
VIN assigned on the 16th in source, on my account on the 17th
Originally got a delivery date estimate for the 15th, which was pushed to the 24th. DC promised to keep an eye if car comes in earlier.

But DC is too busy to pick up calls, so i called the showroom and had someone look up if my car left the factory (hoping to take delivery before the 24th.) what do you know, car is already in MDR lot. LOL.
The showroom reached out to DC and i got an email with 3 diff. times for TOMORROW!!!
I'm taking delivery of my car tomorrow @noon. whoohooo.

Also, Tesla insurance came in waaaay lower than anyone else I got quotes from (about 5 diff. places) so I went w Tesla.
For me it's around $109/mo.
First loan payment is not due till feb. 2nd.
I was also able to pay off the larger chunk online by adding in my bank account routing / account numbers so it seems all my paperwork is fully squared for tomorrow.

I'll let you know how delivery goes.

so D-day was today.... and it went well.
DC: Marina Del Rey

Positive: Quick check out with no pressure to take my time with inspecting the car.
Negative: Nobody helped me with inspections. I thought at least someone will be there for a while.. but after I got the paperwork it was like "find your car on the lot."

Pros: Quick adjustments to everything I've found. all fixed.

What did I find on the car? (pictures attached) - they fixed them all.

1. Side of middle panel on Steering wheel was scratched up.
2. Front left headlight was popping too far out.
3. door panel seal was wrinkled on one side of rear seat window. and bunched up on driver side.
4. Rear driver 7/8 sensor was popped in.
5. and a small thick line scratch on the wood panel. (this was not fixed)

It took them 10min to do all these.

At home I realized i don't have the trial premium connectivity running on my car so I called and hours later it was resolve. I guess OTA.

Overall no major issues. Good panel gaps. No paint issues I could find. No scratches, touched every feet of that car.

One happy new owner.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.45.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.44.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.44.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.44.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.44.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.36.38 PM.png