Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Spoke to Tesla...Reservation date means NOTHING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got off the phone with Tesla because the "Reservation date" under "Payments" on my M3 Reservation page indicates a date paid of 1/1/0001. (see below). In speaking to the Sales/Support person at Tesla I was told "Don't worry about it because the Reservation Date (when I put down $1000) over two years ago is irrelevant now" he went on to say that someone who orders today can get their Model 3 before me even though I reserved over two years ago. This has me a little pi$$ed. That's not what was said when I shucked the $$$ to Tesla.

Anyone else get this story from Tesla? Now I wished I hadn't put down the $2500 non-refundable, I would just wait a little more and get the Jaguar or the Volkswagen.

If true this just confirms that I won't be buying a second M3 for my wife when the SR comes along as I had planned.

upload_2018-7-30_18-18-38.png

Deposit 1/1/0001-$1,000.00

When were you invited to configure your "first production" car?
I'm still waiting for my AWD, but was invited to configure a "first production car" last Feb. I'd have my car now if I didn't want to wait for AWD and white interior. I assume now that I've configure the car I want and placed the non-refundable $2500, any new customer non-performance AWD orders won't take precedence over mine.

@Todd Burch

I did commit to an order.......two years ago! Did you? And I re-confirmed my commitment last month when I plunked down another $2500 this time not refundable. Now Tesla has said that the "agreement" we made two years ago now means nothing.
Nope. You commented to a fully refundable place in line two years ago. The $2500 down payment is when actually ordered the car.

@Todd Burch

I did commit to an order.......two years ago! Did you? And I re-confirmed my commitment last month when I plunked down another $2500 this time not refundable. Now Tesla has said that the "agreement" we made two years ago now means nothing.
I believe they are saying they are giving them out in order of the 2500... you got to buy before the people who didn't plunk down the 1000.

@boiler81

I only hope you are correct....however apparently Tesla can change the rules as they see fit. The Tesla rep told me it really doesn't matter when you placed the reservation or when you committed the $2500 it only matters when a car comes up that matches your configuration....period.
So has this changed when you are getting your car?

Your first mistake is assuming a phone rep ever knows WTF they're talking about.

This is from about 2 weeks ago-

Tesla on Twitter

(bold added for emphasis)

I hope you are correct, however I see people posting that they ordered in early July 2018 and have received a VIN and in some cases received a car.....I know don't believe everything you read on the internet

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne
So I just got off the phone with Tesla because the "Reservation date" under "Payments" on my M3 Reservation page indicates a date paid of 1/1/0001. (see below). In speaking to the Sales/Support person at Tesla I was told "Don't worry about it because the Reservation Date (when I put down $1000) over two years ago is irrelevant now" he went on to say that someone who orders today can get their Model 3 before me even though I reserved over two years ago. This has me a little pi$$ed. That's not what was said when I shucked the $$$ to Tesla.

Anyone else get this story from Tesla? Now I wished I hadn't put down the $2500 non-refundable, I would just wait a little more and get the Jaguar or the Volkswagen.

If true this just confirms that I won't be buying a second M3 for my wife when the SR comes along as I had planned.

View attachment 321738

Deposit 1/1/0001-$1,000.00
It clearly means something if you ordered performance. Here is my screenshot just taken...Looks like a bug in their system.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 8.14.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 8.14.53 PM.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 59
Not according to teh rep I spoke to. He said...$1000 is refundable, $2500 is not...but as Knightshade said "....assuming a phone rep ever knows WTF they're talking about"
Negative, entire amount is refundable up until the point where a VIN is assigned. People have to stop spreading misinformation which helps no one. For confirmation, read your order agreement.