Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just started dropping wifi phone connection while driving???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or a coincidence that after the last update I'm having wifi issues? I normally turn on tethering and connect my model 3 to my phone via wifi to listen to music while driving...after placing into drive as we all know. Haven't had an issue since I've been doing it. Today it started dropping the wifi and switching to LTE...then connects...then drops. Sometimes it says can't connect. It's not on the phone side--I have amazon's echo auto and changed to phone and had it play iheart radio and it didn't miss a note...while I watched the Tardis (Blue Model 3, what else would I name it) keep connecting and dropping wifi. Any suggestions. My Model Y LR RWD will be a welcome sight. Thanx...

• Funny
Reactions: Dp7-81
Is it just me or a coincidence that after the last update I'm having wifi issues? I normally turn on tethering and connect my model 3 to my phone via wifi to listen to music while driving...after placing into drive as we all know. Haven't had an issue since I've been doing it. Today it started dropping the wifi and switching to LTE...then connects...then drops. Sometimes it says can't connect. It's not on the phone side--I have amazon's echo auto and changed to phone and had it play iheart radio and it didn't miss a note...while I watched the Tardis (Blue Model 3, what else would I name it) keep connecting and dropping wifi. Any suggestions. My Model Y LR RWD will be a welcome sight. Thanx...
Nope, not you. I have the same tethering setup since I no longer have the premium connectivity. Tethering was working fine until the last update. Since then I’ve been experiencing the same thing as you. Just updated to 2020.24.6.1 so hopefully it’s been fixed wit this FW.