Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just test drove the model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day one online reservation pre reveal, non owner. Configured performance Solid Black, Black interior, performance upgrade package with enhanced auto pilot 6/29. Aug18 - Oct18 delevery, no vin yet. Already test drove RWD model 3. Just test drove the performance today. So fast and smooth. Could not tell the deference in ride quality between the performance with 20’s and RWD with 18 Aeros. Let the wife drive also. Originaly she test drove the RWD and was not convinced of the extra cost RWD vs Performance. Word of advice, don’t let the wife drive the performance, she now wants the Performance as her daily diver. Not going to happen the Performance is mine!

Ahhh, so question for everyone: how do you think a configuration "edit" changes your priority, if any?

Day 1 reservation (Tesla owner), I had a 12/22 invite to config for first production, deferred for AWD, configured AWD on 6/27, and then 'upgraded' with a configuration edit to performance on 7/30.

Not optimistic that the upgrade to performance didn't just set me back a long way! What do you think, will upgrades to P set you back again?

Test drove a white/white M3P+ at the Boca Raton Town Center in FL on Sat. This is after Putting 1k miles on my M3 RWD 19”, and doing a couple of 0-60 runs right before the test drive.

It was really really fast and the 20s weren’t too harsh. Did a 3.4 sec 0-60 if you subtract 0-2 MPH as rollout. (Sales lady very supportive, GF filmed for time). For performance it’s clearly faster than my RWD, not life changing faster. Most of the Delta performance between the M3 RWD and M3P+ would not be noticeable on my 8 mile daily commute in moderate traffic.

Not sold on the $20k + Depreciation + hassle of selling a 1 month old (car).

The white leather was more plush, but not “too” soft. In softness (read friction) it goes Black then White then TSportline white as the softest and most plush. I like the Tesla white better than TSportline white. But if you want a super plush lounge chair it’s TSportline.

I like the wood dash 76% more than the white ceramic strip.

Had I not taken delivery of my M3 RWD I would order the M3P+ with no hesitation.

Last edited:
If they had white seats with the wood trim I would've ordered it... but I feel the same way, the white trim piece looks very cheap.

On an overcast day it is also blindingly white on your face, wood grain would have been a much better choice and better looking as well. I drove in the white seats and found them to look great but feel like mush.

Reactions: brandonee916