Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just to let you know , AMD Ryzen is so fast, everything feels like im using my home PC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my new MYLR yesterday in NV, immediately after delivery noticed how everything runs smoothly, Tought it is because new UI i just downloaded.
Gps map is loading so fast and all apps are much faster then my ex 2021 MYSR i sold.
And to my surprise i found out i have new processor.
Built date is 12/21 and win 3391xx.
My friend got delivery on same day with vin higher then mine and his car shows Intel Atom.

Not sure how but i just got lucky.

Also im curious to see if anyone else got it . My cameras are so much better, and video from sentry and dash look much better when comparing my old MY.
Wonder if it is because of new chip or something else

The hilarious thing is that it's only a Zen 1 45w cpu. We're about to hit Zen 4 next year lol. But I digress it's a huge jump up from the previous slug aka Intel Atom. That said the Navi 23 gpu pretty darn good and rather current.

The hilarious thing is that it's only a Zen 1 45w cpu. We're about to hit Zen 4 next year lol. But I digress it's a huge jump up from the previous slug aka Intel Atom.

Yeah im not computer expert and i really dont need fast computer in my car, all i need is good stereo and fast GPS maps. But this upgrade is so good, before i thought everything is slow (sometimes) because of poor internet signal, but i see now it is not the case

Yeah im not computer expert and i really dont need fast computer in my car, all i need is good stereo and fast GPS maps. But this upgrade is so good, befofe i tought everything is slow (sometimes) because of poor internet signal, but i see now it is not the case
Oh don't get me wrong... Zen 1 was a huge step up for AMD. That and the fact that the Intel Atom was never a great product even when new. But back then when Atom was in its day, AMD was really far out of the picture. But today in context Zen 1 is rather old and yet it's still leagues better than Atom. And ofc pairing Zen 1 w/ the Navi 23 gpu, aka RDNA2 aka PS5 gpu, was a smart move by Tesla. The MCU doesn't need that much cpu but the PS5 level gpu allows it to play games.

Reactions: laiod and tryangles
Got my new MYLR yesterday in NV, immediately after delivery noticed how everything runs smoothly, Tought it is because new UI i just downloaded.
Gps map is loading so fast and all apps are much faster then my ex 2021 MYSR i sold.
My friend got delivery on same day with vin higher then mine and his car shows Intel Atom.

Also im curious to see if anyone else got it . My cameras are so much better, and video from sentry and dash look much better when comparing my old MY.
Does the LR have the new headlights?

I have delivery tomorrow of a M3P. VIN ends in 336xxx. If I don't have all the new goodies, (AMD Ryzen, Li-ion Battery, etc.) I'll likely refuse the car and wait for the next. My SA told me I would be receiving all 2022 upgrades as my car is a 2022 VIN.

The hilarious thing is that it's only a Zen 1 45w cpu. We're about to hit Zen 4 next year lol. But I digress it's a huge jump up from the previous slug aka Intel Atom. That said the Navi 23 gpu pretty darn good and rather current.

amd graphics, if they are even close to modern, blow away any atom graphics or anything else atom.

I used to use lots of atoms for mini-itx and for that, they're great. I dont love them for much else, though.

my home desktop (I still use diy desktops) is an amd Ryzen 5 5600G and its been great the last few months I've had it. great build (make -j12) speed, great enough graphics, super nvme ssd speed. took a few kernel (linux) revs before it was stable but its been on a 5.14 branch for over 3 months and not a single reboot.

amd is great stuff, these days. I stopped getting intel years ago. and with the security issues, intel lags FAR behind amd.

Congrats!!!

You made an awesome decision to upgrade. From the sounds of it, the 2022 car with the AMD processor was worth the upgrade alone! I just might be joining you once this is better confirmed.

Yeah that hurts. Picked up MYLR w/ 351xxx today. Not AMD. Built 12/26.

I don’t use the "apps" too much, but I always like to have the latest.