Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast will stream today at 1PM PDT. You can watch and particpate in the live chat on YouTube. We will be talking about FSD Beta v11, Enhanced Autopilot and much more.

Just to let you know , AMD Ryzen is so fast, everything feels like im using my home PC

How to show the watt on the mac?
I'm using coconut battery to display the discharge wattage in the status bar. I find it really useful to look at in case some browser tab or program is eating up battery. PM me if you need help setting up the status bar

You can also use a USB-C cable that has a built in discharge display: USB-C cord with power use - Only shows actual power usage if the Mac is already fully charged

Got my new MYLR yesterday in NV, immediately after delivery noticed how everything runs smoothly, Tought it is because new UI i just downloaded.
Gps map is loading so fast and all apps are much faster then my ex 2021 MYSR i sold.
And to my surprise i found out i have new processor.
Built date is 12/21 and win 3391xx.
My friend got delivery on same day with vin higher then mine and his car shows Intel Atom.

Not sure how but i just got lucky.

Also im curious to see if anyone else got it . My cameras are so much better, and video from sentry and dash look much better when comparing my old MY.
Wonder if it is because of new chip or something else
Does it have the updated Matrix Headlights?

1640985026151.png

I really do not like Intel anything. I think if the opportunity to upgrade my system on mine from the intel then I will totally jump at it. Dumped my intel MacBook Pro to the Apple silicon max and it's just insane how archaic anything intel makes. How are they even relevant today?!
they are mostly bug compatible with themselves.

yes, that matters ;)

and while the faster chips may be faster if all else is equal, all else is never equal.

it could very well be that its more stable with the known older chips and the known workarounds. until the new workarounds are found, and yes, they will be needed, they always are.

it seems like i got "only" new AMD processor and maybe new 12A battery, everything else looks like my old MYSR.
Maybe there are some other new things but i am not really worried about it.
Even with my older MYSR everything was perfect, UI was working just fine. Nothing was wrong with it
The biggest difference now in "daily" operations are smooth maps/gps, youtube cameras/video and aps are running faster
Aand also got 1 year premium connectivity (with MYSR i had to pay monthly for that)

thesmokingman

Jun 21, 2021
Socal
it seems like i got "only" new AMD processor and maybe new 12A battery, everything else looks like my old MYSR.
Even with my older MYSR everything was perfect, UI was working just fine. Nothing was wrong with it
The biggest difference now in "daily" operations are smooth maps/gps, youtube cameras/video and aps are running faster
The Ryzen system trumps the matrix lights. The rear windows you can swap later, parts interchangeable. I think you got the most impportant update, the MCU oh and you got the bio defense filter iirc, feels like a win to me. The matrix lighhts can be annoying with the dead spots in the beam path.

Reactions: vegasko
Aand also got 1 year premium connectivity (with MYSR i had to pay monthly for that)
...and a year of premium connectivity too. That's unbelievable. So did you get you car recently or on a Tuesday early December?

thesmokingman

Jun 21, 2021
Socal
lol... they're doing you a favor in a way. The way they install it at the factory it's bound to peel off in a couple months. Install it yourself with vhb (allowing for proper cure time before applying) and it won't peel off. Like after it comes in stock...

Here it is
Nice, that is definitely much faster! It would definitely be nice to have the newest processor..

For me, if they ever offered an upgrade, I would have to think about it because, I don't think I use some of those apps enough.. I typically only use the apps when I am supercharging of which I definitely have time to kill so I don't mind waiting for the apps to open. Now on the other hand if the processor enhances some other aspect of the car, I would definitely consider it.

Left side of my screen (where it shows traffic and cars around me) looks much better, i can see all cars without disappearing or jumping around and looks really nice but as you said this is not something that we need or we care about.
Intel Atom did great job in my old car and if i got it again in my new one i would be happy and not disappointed.
I don`t think this will be that big difference as when they introduced MCU2 in Model S years ago.
That was very big change,

Reactions: Daekwan

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC