Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just to let you know , AMD Ryzen is so fast, everything feels like im using my home PC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if we can switch out to AMD or 12V Li battery at a later date as retro-fit? Got my 2022 MY LR in late Nov and a tad sad I missed out on such a significant upgrade... but oh well

On same boat. Our late Nov21 MY didn’t come with AMD either. But we don’t use the video games or the infotainment enough to notice a difference. No new headlights either. Our mid Dec21 M3 also came with no AMD but did come w new headlights. Again, not a biggie. Unless the new chip affects Fsd or driving experience I don’t think I’ll experience much fomo.

Reactions: Teslitored
Anyone know if we can switch out to AMD or 12V Li battery at a later date as retro-fit? Got my 2022 MY LR in late Nov and a tad sad I missed out on such a significant upgrade... but oh well
There’s another thread here about 12V Li car batteries that you can swap out. Li charging and battery management is different from lead acid, so whether you can simply swap the new battery depends on how they have it configured.

On same boat. Our late Nov21 MY didn’t come with AMD either. But we don’t use the video games or the infotainment enough to notice a difference. No new headlights either. Our mid Dec21 M3 also came with no AMD but did come w new headlights. Again, not a biggie. Unless the new chip affects Fsd or driving experience I don’t think I’ll experience much fomo.
I picked up my 11/08 built 2022 MY on 11/23. No AMD or lithium 12V. If it was reasonable $ I would do a retrofit on the AMD from Tesla if offered. I got a bunch of nice upgrades from my early 2020 MY and it didn’t cost me anything after selling the 2020 for way more than I paid.

Yea same... I barely use the screen lol but after seeing MANY reports here of untimely failure of 12V I'd MUCH prefer to get that swapped.

There's been no word on an MCU upgrade. It's a wait and see thing... It may be a possibility in a year when TSMC isn't so swamped or maybe if AMD can get GF to make something better than 14nm...?

Second, you don't need to change the 12v, I mean unless you have hundreds of dollars burning a hole in your pants and you need to get rid of it stat. In that case you can get the Ohmmu now or wait for a possible retrofit, like the MCU.

Last edited:
Yea you mean non-Tesla branded one? I saw that one... would prefer OEM :)
IIRC they were discussing a 3rd party option.

The Tesla OEM battery may be designed so the controller And charging circuitry are separate from the battery (vs in the battery itself.) if it’s separate you likely couldn’t take the new Tesla Li battery and put it in a car that wasn’t designed for it.

That is some amazing profit..
Would have been more amazing if I hadn't spent $6K in additional options. The crazy part is when I originally went to purchase the MYSR which started at $39,990 a year ago.. I wanted the absolute base model. Pretty much impossible to find without paying to ship it. So slowly by slowly, I started looking at options.. and at some point just said if I'm spending this much for the car.. might as well get absolutely everything I want. So went all out and basically selected every option but FSD.