Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just took delivery last night....Model 3 disappeared from the App!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got mine Saturday and the same thing happened. I was informed it takes 24-72 hours to clear all paperwork and transfer items. Mine was back on the app within 8 hours. I did have to log out and back in to the phone app. I agree, they should tell you this at delivery.... I freaked out a little bit : )

Reactions: Insight75
Happened to me with my MS - the app worked when i took delivery, and my car disappeared from my app/account the next morning.
Everything resolved itself later that afternoon when the car, and the ownership status was updated on my account.

I agree, that's just utterly absurd when you pay $50,000+ for a car and can't use the primary means of entry: your phone. They didn't have this issue with the S/X.

- like you I think the card is a little strange, and would much rather use the keyless option -

Relax. The righteous indignation is really over done. Use the key card. Won’t kill anybody. And welcome to new tech. If it’s just too new for you, maybe a Kia with an old fashion key?

I did not have that issue but the maps and firmware would not update. Bummer but the service center ran a Model S to me the next day (300 miles) as they took my car back to fix. So glad to see service is still top notch.

Last edited:
Relax. The righteous indignation is really over done. Use the key card. Won’t kill anybody. And welcome to new tech. If it’s just too new for you, maybe a Kia with an old fashion key?

Really, this is your reply and retort? The Model 3 is supposed to be the mainstream car, and when Tesla advertises the phone as the main method of entry, the last thing you should experience is to have the car disappear from the app. At the very least they should be up front about it and call it a part of the on-boarding process. In reality the car, once it shows up in your account, shouldn't disappear again.

Attitude like yours are just going to give others reasons to hate upon Tesla. Please let's not turn this into another Juicero.

Reactions: TT97
Really, this is your reply and retort? The Model 3 is supposed to be the mainstream car, and when Tesla advertises the phone as the main method of entry, the last thing you should experience is to have the car disappear from the app. At the very least they should be up front about it and call it a part of the on-boarding process. In reality the car, once it shows up in your account, shouldn't disappear again.

Attitude like yours are just going to give others reasons to hate upon Tesla. Please let's not turn this into another Juicero.

Yes, drama much? I use my phone every day and with the odd exception it works great. On those odd occasions it has a hiccup, I manage to survive with all limbs in tact and use the keycard. Surprisingly nobody dies. Who knew? :rolleyes: