TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Just took delivery, need help with fixing some identified issues

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by vikingshelmut, Jul 21, 2018.

1. vikingshelmut

vikingshelmut Member

Hi everyone! As of Friday I'm the happy owner of a new M3 RWD LR in red. As a new owner I have a few questions regarding some issues I found at delivery that I'm hoping you all can help answer.

1) When I took (home) delivery the DS said that if I noice any issues I should document them and tell my Inside Delivery Advisor who I worked with initially. Is that the right process? Honestly the DS spent like 5 minutes with me before she took off in an Uber.

2) Regarding identified issues, most of them are with the paint. To be honest the paint job has too many issues for a brand new car, from visible scratches, to a few dark spots about the size of a pea. How likely are they going to fix paint issues?

3) The only other obvious issue found (so far) is that some of the plastic that covers the passenger-side C-pillar is bulged out (on the inside of the car). I'd bet that is somewhat easy to replace.

I've sent a note to the IDA about some of the issues but haven't heard back yet (it's only been 1 day). Any recommendations on how to make sure these and any other issues I find get fixed?

Thanks in advance, and happy to be a first-time Tesla owner!