Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Took Delivery Of A White M3, Vin 51k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US
Took delivery of a M3 with Vin in the 51ks. I was surprised there are still panel gap issues. The door to door panel gap on one side is 0.75 inches wide vs 0.3 inches on the other side. Also I see some over buffing on the front bumper. My friend with Vin 17k drove next to my car and told me to get them to fix the gap because it's much wider than his car. The car is pretty awesome, but just not as excited now knowing all the flaws. At least I get a drive a MS while they fix all this.

My 220v+Tesla solar is working like a dream however..pretty sweet package for a low carbon foot print life.

Reactions: golfpilot
Took delivery of a M3 with Vin in the 51ks. I was surprised there are still panel gap issues. The door to door panel gap on one side is 0.75 inches wide vs 0.3 inches on the other side. Also I see some over buffing on the front bumper. My friend with Vin 17k drove next to my car and told me to get them to fix the gap because it's much wider than his car. The car is pretty awesome, but just not as excited now knowing all the flaws. At least I get a drive a MS while they fix all this.

My 220v+Tesla solar is working like a dream however..pretty sweet package for a low carbon foot print life.

Yeah. My ViN is in the 49,000s and I have more trim and seal alignment issues than I do panel gap issues. It’s too bad we still have to worry about this stuff a year I to production. Creates a little more worry and less excitement about a brand new car.

Set up a Sept 10th service to fix all the small issues. However something else developed yesterday so this Sept 10th service can't come soon enough. The car is making a chirping noise as if something is scraping the breaks since the frequency increases and decreases with speed. I'm a Tesla shareholder and would love to show off this car but currently I'm a little embarrassed since it's a 200mile car with a ..most likely a minor mechanical/alignment issue. First impression is everything for people and I want to wow my friends so they can also go electric one day.

Sigh, my luck with luxury cars are always bad. My wife's infiniti had to get a cvt transmission replaced at 29k miles and my Jag had a water pump replaced at 9k miles.

It's not random. In the video when you stop hearing the noise is when I turned left. Leaning right will start the noise, noise loudest when wheel is at 2. Noise disappears when wheel is turned all the way 4 or 5.

Pics please? I am picking up a 49xxx Sunday

AACF60E6-C1E8-4E16-9EAA-7BA1FEA451CF.jpeg CF1DF6CC-774D-453D-9E14-17862DFEF9D9.jpeg

These aren’t the greatest pics but here are some slight rough edges in the glass roof (one on each side). You probably can’t see it but the seal between the glass and the driver’s door is also not completely flush. I went though a touchless car wash yesterday and didn’t seem to experience leaks so it might be fine.

I didn’t take any pics of the interior door frame seal that bubbles a bit but it does seem to be relaxing a bit with time (as Tesla said it would).

I also didn’t take a picture of how my drivers side rear door trim (where it meets the window area) is slightly raised. It is visible if you are looking for it through the window outside the vehicle.

There are also a number (less than ten) paint spots (either specks or fish eyes) over the car and one area that does have some moderate scratching but you can only see most of this at a certain angle with certain lighting.

Thanks. I can see the issues. I’m not sure I would even notice these on my existing cars but now I’m going to look super closely. *sugar*! Paranoid

Lol I know. That’s what is crazy about all of this. I will say that the seals on the doors and windows seem like cheap quality and just kind of pieced together compared to our 2018 Honda CRV. They don’t look as refined I guess you could say.