Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just took delivery of my new Model X 90D - Not At All Silky Smooth...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm...why would you say that Tesla will likely not give me anything? If they choose to not offer me anything, they have no idea the situation they will be creating. I am a person of strong principles who also has spent the past two decades working full-time in various areas centered around customer service. I have been doing tremendous evangelizing for the Tesla brand now for months. Tesla does not want to mess with me. I am not the typical lazy American who just lets things slide...

-Andrew
Hah. Because everyone here is a pushover. And what is this 'evangelizing for months' that you speak of?

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
Getting a BMW with European delivery was the best delivery experience I've had in my life.
I'd imagine so, esp. if you're a fan of BMW and Germany. A former coworker got his 3-series that way and loved it along w/being able to drive on the Autobahn and around Europe before coming back to the US.

I've seen at least 1 documentary sorta outlining their process. I've also visited BMW Welt and taken the BMW Munich factory tour. (I'm most certainly not a BMW fan nor German car fan.)

Doubt Tesla could match it unless a vehicle you wanted was made in Europe only and you had to go there...

Sorry everyone. i have been super busy with work, traveling and moving. I received my car back from Tesla a week ago. The problem turned out to be a faulty sensor in the rear drive unit. It was a voltage sensor. As such, for safety reasons, both the front and rear drive units stopped functioning which makes complete sense.
Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity, does the receipt indicate they replaced either drive unit?

wow, what's wrong with the Dubai 100KW battery packs?

It's not specific to Dubai. A small number of 100D and P100D built in mid April had a recall on their battery packs due to possible battery cooling system leaks. The problem here was getting the replacement battery packs into the country took longer than expected. Hopefully I'll finally take delivery tomorrow.

Reactions: Peteybabes
Hah. Because everyone here is a pushover. And what is this 'evangelizing for months' that you speak of?

I am very verbal about the companies that I am passionate about (i.e. Tesla, Apple and Disney). I talk about their products, services, etc. with friends, family, co-workers, customers....in person, on Facebook, etc. I have convinced many people to consider or buy products from these companies without even really trying.

Andrew

I am very verbal about the companies that I am passionate about (i.e. Tesla, Apple and Disney). I talk about their products, services, etc. with friends, family, co-workers, customers....in person, on Facebook, etc. I have convinced many people to consider or buy products from these companies without even really trying.

Andrew
I think you missed my point. That's okay. :).

• Funny
Reactions: geometro