Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just took delivery of "non-refurbished" CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upon taking delivery of my car there were a few things that stood out that I wondered if they’d be considered warranty.
1 peeling rim (thanks @Plan B)
2 leather peeling/ stuffing kind of coming out
3 lastly was the door handle that seemed dinged by a ring.

Any chance Tesla would consider fixing?
The delivery center flat out said it was wear and tear.
I never met my OA so wasn’t able to speak to him.
I at least think the seat can be scratched but not sure on seeing some stuffing or un-stitching.
I bought a used Lexus at Porsche last year and they personally fixed all the seats when I pointed a defect on one of them. I was impressed

While those images are horrible, that is sadly considered wear and tear. Thats why i never like black leather seats, it feels like the wear and tear on those become super obvious with time.

My guess is no .. the door handle seems like a low dollar part though ..I can’t tell where that wear is on seat but that looks rough ...on my next gen seats with 62k miles on it wasn’t even remotely close to that wear
Wear is on bottom left of lumbar support. I’m assuming as they exited the vehicle.
The rim, well, that’s a crazy curb rash - it’s moving and peeling towards the center.
I’m sure I can shop around and fix for under a grand. I hope

Reactions: P85_DA
Upon taking delivery of my car there were a few things that stood out that I wondered if they’d be considered warranty.
1 peeling rim (thanks @Plan B)
2 leather peeling/ stuffing kind of coming out
3 lastly was the door handle that seemed dinged by a ring.

Any chance Tesla would consider fixing?
The delivery center flat out said it was wear and tear.
I never met my OA so wasn’t able to speak to him.
I at least think the seat can be scratched but not sure on seeing some stuffing or un-stitching.
I bought a used Lexus at Porsche last year and they personally fixed all the seats when I pointed a defect on one of them. I was impressed

I absolutely would have refused delivery of that car. I can't imagine paying $58,000 for a used car and then spend extra time, hassle, and money replacing a banged up door handle and fixing a seat in such bad shape that the seat stuffing is coming out. From the photos you showed me, doesn't this car also has a steering wheel that is all peeling? Not even sure how repairable that seat is and whoever repairs it must know to od it carefully so that it does not mess up the airbag inside the seat.

That seat just looks gross and the door handle being banged up would really worry me. I would find out the cost of fixing both and purchase the car if you are satisfied with the final price after you add the cost of fixing the seat and the door handle. All our cars are pristine so those tow things would really both me.

I still think for around the same price you could have found an immaculate condition private party car with an ESA and ended up with a vehicle much better taken care of.

That's just too much money to spend on a car that requires thousands in damage repair.

Last edited:
...I would contribute OP had hard time finding a car :(

—basically fix curb rash 4 x ~$200
— door handle <$50
—leather recondition ????
That leather ain’t gonna be able to be reconditioned. Just looks terribly abused by lack of maintenance.
In contrast, here’s a small nick when I picked up my CPO back in March. Was easily repairable and you literally cannot tell it was ever there. I would’ve gladly paid for the work, but my awesome adviser was able to get it covered.

Attachments

• C6CCA97B-872A-4B24-9B3B-CACDB6A143EE.jpeg
    C6CCA97B-872A-4B24-9B3B-CACDB6A143EE.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 105
I had a different issue with CPO recently. I put a deposit down on a vehicle on 10/11/2018 and the local rep told me that delivery was scheduled for 11/30 and that the Vegas office would handle this. Then I got another call stating that I have to pick the vehicle up in Northern California. I am in Miami. No delivery option. Very odd. My deposit was refunded, but still, I am puzzled. Does Tesla no longer deliver CPO vehicles across state lines?

I had a different issue with CPO recently. I put a deposit down on a vehicle on 10/11/2018 and the local rep told me that delivery was scheduled for 11/30 and that the Vegas office would handle this. Then I got another call stating that I have to pick the vehicle up in Northern California. I am in Miami. No delivery option. Very odd. My deposit was refunded, but still, I am puzzled. Does Tesla no longer deliver CPO vehicles across state lines?
They don't deliver them at all, even in state. They require you to pick up the car at the service center closest to wherever the car is being kept.