Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just took delivery of TESLA X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just taken delivery of the 2022 X. I have had several problems. 1) the falcon wing doors not opening fully on one side. 2) front and back doors not consistently closing and opening like they should. More importantly the back up camera freezes or is a black screen. I had left the car parked, got a notice the drivers side door was open, I tried to close remotely, did not... still open when I returned to the car. There have been other issues that I think are related to blue tooth connection. Question 1) I have white seats that I am concerned about getting dirty. what has been your experience with the white? Also anyone found a really good white seat cover? I have an IPHONE 9 but with ISO 15.5. Should this be a problem with bluetooth?

the falcon wing doors not opening fully on one side
Will it full open if you hold the button in? Sometimes it will erroneously sense that it cannot open fully, and just has to have its hand held to do so.
I have white seats that I am concerned about getting dirty. what has been your experience with the white?
Ceramic coat them. 4 years later mine look like new.

Upvote 0
For the FWD, is this inside or outside? As @Bigriver said, the system is very conservative if it is inside. It will stop a couple of feet before the ceiling. You can override by reaching in and holding the Open button. It will move very slowly and just let go when you want it to stop. I wish there was a way to program the opening height like the trunk.

Regarding the front doors, they also look for obstructions when opening. Further, if the doors are not open far enough, they won't close on their own. It's like the motor needs to get some swing on the door to get it to close hard enough to engage the soft-close. But for me, as long as the door is open far enough for me to get out, it will close when I click the fob to lock. I have it set to auto-close all doors and windows on lock - does not seem to work on walk-away though maybe I'm just too impatient as I am walking away from a wide-open car.

Oh BTW, I do NOT use phone key. I use the key fobs. Have been using them in our Model S since 2012 (and plenty of ICE cars before that) so they are second nature and extremely reliable.

Upvote 0