Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just took delivery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yesterday was the big day. Our 90D 6 seat arrived and after a very quick delivery process I drove it home which was a 90 minute drive. First Impressions:
1. Tremendous acceleration. 100% torque and HP immediately.
2. Quiet ride on the road at 75 mph. Handling excellent
3. Media system is amazing. Great sound. (Standard system)
4. Autopilot works as promised.
5. No problems in Florida heat with giant windshield. A/C set to 73 kept everything comfortable.

Some negatives so far:

No arm rests for second row seats.
Lack of storage in center console. I had to remove one set of cup holder dividers to make room for the usual stuff.
Small Glove box. See a theme here? More storage in an SUV would be nice.
Rear hatch opened all the way at the dealership but now that I am home it only opens 75%. I am tall so have to manually push it up all the way.

More to follow.....

Congratulations on your delivery.. You will just love your X. I can't get enough of driving it each day. At home and if you have the room, you can set the door to open all the way at that location. There is a dialogue box on the door settings screen.

Congratulations on your delivery.. You will just love your X. I can't get enough of driving it each day. At home and if you have the room, you can set the door to open all the way at that location. There is a dialogue box on the door settings screen.

Thanks! I found it on the menu system and set everything to open all the way. It now works fine. I guess it was sensing the ceiling in my garage but it didn't know that I have high ceilings in there and can easily open everything up to max. Its all set now.

Also after driving around town today I realize yet again that the driving standards in Florida are too low. I swear they would give a license to a chimp here if he went in to DMV and payed the money. Almost got in two wrecks today in the brand new X because idiots were running stop signs and following me way too close. It does make a valid argument for buying a 2000 Ford F350 and welding steel bar bumpers to the front and back as my neighbor did. When he drives he never stresses! He says go ahead, hit me... make my day. LOL

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: FlyF4 and EV Family
Also after driving around town today I realize yet again that the driving standards in Florida are too low. I swear they would give a license to a chimp here if he went in to DMV and payed the money. Almost got in two wrecks today in the brand new X because idiots were running stop signs and following me way too close. It does make a valid argument for buying a 2000 Ford F350 and welding steel bar bumpers to the front and back as my neighbor did. When he drives he never stresses! He says go ahead, hit me... make my day. LOL
By any chance, is your neighbour in the following picture?
nbc-the-a-team-keyart-152776.jpg

So yesterday was the big day. Our 90D 6 seat arrived and after a very quick delivery process I drove it home which was a 90 minute drive. First Impressions:
5. No problems in Florida heat with giant windshield. A/C set to 73 kept everything comfortable.

Some negatives so far:

Lack of storage in center console. I had to remove one set of cup holder dividers to make room for the usual stuff.
Rear hatch opened all the way at the dealership but now that I am home it only opens 75%. I am tall so have to manually push it up all the way.

More to follow.....

For the rear hatch issue, are you in your garage? If so, the car detects that there is obstacle over the car and will open the FWD and trunk lower. I believe you can adjust it and have the car open at a different height for the location memorized.

Reactions: Hitman007

Some negatives so far:

More to follow.....
Congratulations! Enjoy the ride. And yes I know what you mean by driving standards. I do have the same thoughts when people are following too close which happens a lot and especially when they think that I have an unnecessarily large distance from the car in front (with my settings at 4) and will cut in.

It's nice to hear from someone who had a perfect delivery..usually people with perfect delivery don't have a reason to post. :)

Some negatives so far:

More to follow.....

That was my impression too when I sat inside a Model X. Tesla has most things in a car nailed down, but interior storage and convenience really lags behind what one would find in a Honda Pilot or even a Honda Civic. Armrests make a big difference on long trips, as do seatback pockets (handy for books, iPad, and other tablets).

I'd rate the Model X interior storage as adequate for the driver and front passenger, but mediocre to poor for the 2nd and 3rd row occupants.

Some negatives so far:

More to follow.....
Congrats! Going on my 3rd week of happiness.