Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just upgraded to autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned my Model S just over a year and it's been eating me alive that I didn't order AP when they built the car. So, finally I called and paid to upgrade it on Saturday. Still haven't received the firmware update over the air and the service department says it's out of their hands at this point. Anyone know how this works???

Any tricks to getting this thing up and running?

I'm not sure, but did they tell you to expect a firmware update? I'd think they could flip a switch in some database and the next time your car talked to HQ it would pick up the new settings. Do you have a Driver Assistance tab under Settings?

You might also be in line behind a bunch of APv2 / HW2 updates.

Are things different now?

I bought my car without autopilot being activated.
I had to schedule an appointment and have it done at the service center in November of 2015.
Would have been nice if it was an over the air upgrade back then.

Are things different now?

I bought my car without autopilot being activated.
I had to schedule an appointment and have it done at the service center in November of 2015.
Would have been nice if it was an over the air upgrade back then.

Yes I was told it could be done over the air. Although at this point, scheduling a service appointment probably would've been better. Less mystery.

It might not hurt to do a reboot to ensure nothing is preventing the download. Press and hold both wheels and then press hold the buttons above both wheels - until you have rebooted both screens. Probably won't make a difference but worth a try at least.