Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just venting over “first scratch”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TBrownTX

Dec 25, 2020
Dallas, TX
I don’t think I have “curbed a wheel” in at least 20 years. I was quickly moving my car because my painter needed to get to my garage door, and I grazed the curb in front of my house. Just venting to people who can understand, especially being one of those “I never curbed a wheel” guys, well up until just now. Ugh!

F4CB91C7-BADB-43B7-8211-10FE863CCE9D.jpeg

I don’t think I have “curbed a wheel” in at least 20 years. I was quickly moving my car because my painter needed to get to my garage door, and I grazed the curb in front of my house. Just venting to people who can understand, especially being one of those “I never curbed a wheel” guys, well up until just now. Ugh!

View attachment 659751
I hear you. Got stupid, cut the wheel too sharp backing into my driveway and clipped the curb cut. It happens.

Best thing to do is keep cold beer in a garage fridge. Then you can grab one on your way by after making a mistake. at least, that’s what I did.

BEEEA7FD-E130-4EA1-B9D1-607C13F3658A.jpeg

I hear you. Got stupid, cut the wheel too sharp backing into my driveway and clipped the curb cut. It happens.

Best thing to do is keep cold beer in a garage fridge. Then you can grab one on your way by after making a mistake. at least, that’s what I did.

I could just kick myself. Good call on the beer, will crack one after my last meeting today.

Tim

I feel you. I slightly curbed my back right wheel the other day with 400 miles on the car. I was in a rush to get out of traffic. Luckily, there was zero rim damage...only a little rubber scuff. I have 18" wheels with the aeros off. I am guessing that if I had 19" or 20" I would have got the rim, too.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Model 3 wheels are extremely easy to curb.... I joined this club (curbed a wheel, had not curbed one in 20+ years), parking in front of my sisters house about 3 weeks ago. I usually dont even park at curbs but I was in a hurry and she was leaving so I couldnt park in the driveway. Cut the wheel a little to sharp and....

I also have the referral Zero G wheels, so I was doubly upset heh. Shrug.. I got over it after a couple days though. I had forgotten about it.... until I saw this thread, so thanks for that 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: sroy and TBrownTX
I feel you. I slightly curbed my back right wheel the other day with 400 miles on the car. I was in a rush to get out of traffic. Luckily, there was zero rim damage...only a little rubber scuff. I have 18" wheels with the aeros off. I am guessing that if I had 19" or 20" I would have got the rim, too.

Yes just over 700 miles on mine, glad to hear you got away with no rim damage though.

Tim

Repair for these scratches is very reasonable and often it is so good that you have difficulty seeing where it happened. The sharpie has made it look better though!

Called a local shop recommended by the local Tesla club, and was quoted 24 hours and $125. Now just need to decide if I want to bother, it’s pretty minimal and sometimes the fix is worse than the problem. If was any worse it would be a no brainer though.

Tim