Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just venting over “first scratch”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$1,500? Holy crap, I was expecting a wheel to be in the $600-700 dollar range. That's insane!

Tim

I have factory 20s on my model 3 P from tesla. The factory 20 is like $715, the Zero G was $750 (thats just the rim). Then you have the cost of the tire which is, umm.. I think around $350 or so? Then they have a couple of labor charges, and tax and yeah it gets expensive. Unfortunately I have had to replace 3 rims and tires on this vehicle since picking it up in dec of 2018 (yes, both rims and tires).

Never had to replace rims in any other vehicle I have driven here in 20 years. All of my savings vs using premium grade gas vs electricity has been eaten up by replacing rims and tires (LMAO), but I still love the car, and the look of the 20s.

I am just SUPER aware of potholes now.. I was before, but now I am hyper vigilant.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I have factory 20s on my model 3 P from tesla. The factory 20 is like $715, the Zero G was $750 (thats just the rim). Then you have the cost of the tire which is, umm.. I think around $350 or so? Then they have a couple of labor charges, and tax and yeah it gets expensive. Unfortunately I have had to replace 3 rims and tires on this vehicle since picking it up in dec of 2018 (yes, both rims and tires).

Never had to replace rims in any other vehicle I have driven here in 20 years. All of my savings vs using premium grade gas vs electricity has been eaten up by replacing rims and tires (LMAO), but I still love the car, and the look of the 20s.

I am just SUPER aware of potholes now.. I was before, but now I am hyper vigilant.

I’m wondering if I should just consider picking up a set of factory take-offs just to avoid paying more later!

Tim

I’m wondering if I should just consider picking up a set of factory take-offs just to avoid paying more later!

Tim

I dont think the 18s and 19s are this prone to pothole damage as the 20s. The car is very heavy, and the tire looks good but 19s are more functional. I didnt are about that though, but will readily admit I kept the 20s because I like the look, not because of anything else.

I dont think the 18s and 19s are this prone to pothole damage as the 20s. The car is very heavy, and the tire looks good but 19s are more functional. I didnt are about that though, but will readily admit I kept the 20s because I like the look, not because of anything else.

This winter, driving the backwater roads of Botswana New Jersey, I've bent my 19" wheels 4 separate times. Ready to go back to the 18s!

Reactions: TBrownTX
Since you are in Dallas, I can highly recommend Roberto of Premium Wheel. He's a mobile service and does excellent work. Just send him a text with a pic and he'll give you a quote. He quoted me $75 and performed the repair at my house on a Sat morning.

Roberto Avitia
214-475-1729

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_123131 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210121_123131 (1).jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20210124_100157 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210124_100157 (1).jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 47