Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

just wanted to say i love autopilot!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yah so.. 4 days since delivery and while ludicrous mode is pretty sweet, my favorite features by far are those included in autopilot. as much as i love driving, autopilot in los angeles traffic truly is a marvel. the first day using it the TACC seems super jerky and unpleasant to engage on the freeway in under 25mph traffic. 3 days later my whole commute was buttery smooth. just a little pucker moment driving over a curving overpass with uneven expansion joints and a big rig hugging the lane marking. but car went around without event.

also tried auto parallel park yesterday, that was kind of fun. wife was amazed by that one.

I finally test drove a Model S yesterday at an event at the Washington, DC store. Drove a 90D version, and had a chance to try the auto drive. Mind-blowing. Kind of scary at first, especially the first time traffic slowed suddenly from a 60 mph pace,
but the system worked flawlessly.

I'm convinced this is the future of driving.

Been driving with Autopilot a lot more lately. TACC and AutoSteer. We had been using TACC for most of the drive on one of the Highways we use because initially we found the AutoSteer had a difficult time with it (poor lane markings, light colored road and grid lines). However, I have been using the TACC and AutoSteer for more and more of the drive on the highway. What I noticed is that the car seems to be learning the road over repeated use.

Just drove home from dropping off the kids, AutoPilot essentially the entire way (at one point the traffic came to a stop, autopilot started tracking a car that pulled in front of me, and that car pulled to the right lane... autopilot started to follow, I disengaged). Furthermore there is a point on the highway where the lane markings are truly terrible. I observed the autopilot track the car in front (blue) with intermittent blue lane markings. That car also changed lane, and I prepared to take over, but the Tesla found the lanes again and traveled onward without incident.

The rest of the trip was uneventful and much more relaxing than if I had driven my ICE.

Now my only regret is that I didn't buy two Teslas.

PS--

Couldn't help but to notice that the car in front that the TACC is tracking the speed is lit up white... White rabbit...