Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Was Moved FromPG&E EV2-A To NEMPS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a bill from PG&E that seemed different somehow and looking at the details it seems I was moved from EV2-A to NEMPS. This no doubt happened after my installer finally got the permission to operate for our 2nd Powerwall 2. What I can't find anywhere is what that means in terms of timing of charging and discharging the PWs and the per kW pricing during those times. Should the 2nd Powerwall trip this change in rate plan? Should I dispute it? Thanks.

Your electrical rate will still be EV2-A. The NEMPS is your agreement because you have pair storage alongside PV (or what they called a Rate Adder).

I thought this was not needed anymore

•Battery Storage energy exports do not get NEM credits for energy which was originally charged from the grid. •Battery Storage systems sized greater than 10 kilo-watts (kW) (AC Nameplate) require the installation of a “Net Generation Output Meter” (NGOM) ahead of renewable portion of the generator (e.g. solar inverter) in addition to your existing PG&E electric meter.

Reactions: shs1
I just got a bill from PG&E that seemed different somehow and looking at the details it seems I was moved from EV2-A to NEMPS. This no doubt happened after my installer finally got the permission to operate for our 2nd Powerwall 2. What I can't find anywhere is what that means in terms of timing of charging and discharging the PWs and the per kW pricing during those times. Should the 2nd Powerwall trip this change in rate plan? Should I dispute it? Thanks

•Battery Storage energy exports do not get NEM credits for energy which was originally charged from the grid. •Battery Storage systems sized greater than 10 kilo-watts (kW) (AC Nameplate) require the installation of a “Net Generation Output Meter” (NGOM) ahead of renewable portion of the generator (e.g. solar inverter) in addition to your existing PG&E electric meter.
That is what I thought I remembered from another thread. I still haven't figured out how this will impact me financially if it stands.

The linked document is from 2019, so it's out of date as you've observed here several of us installed WITHOUT the NGOM.