Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just when I though I knew how phone pairing worked........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife was driving the MYLR today with her driver profile selected. Meanwhile I am at home 10 miles away talking to someone on my iPhone. While at a stoplight, she selects my driver profile to experience the seat/ mirrors settings. Suddenly she is hearing my telephone conversation through the car audio while at the same time I am disconnected from the call. She hears a male voice saying "hello, are you still there?" How is this possible?

Ha, disregard. The wife changed her story to she was in the driveway, not at a stoplight. So car was about 50 feet from me. Still, kind of weird how the conversation suddenly transmitted in the car.

Bluetooth can definitely work from that distance. Its not weird at all, it would be what you would want to happen if you were on the phone and getting in the car (your settings).

I am not quite understanding purposefully swapping to someone elses profile but maybe thats because my wife is 5'6 and I am 6'3. Neither one of us could drive on the others profile.