Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just wrapped my OEM 19" wheels in some new rubber!

When did you replace your original 19" tires

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mod Y Guy

Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2017
California
I just recently replaced my original 235/40 19" Continentals that came standard with the sport wheels on my LR RWD. I researched a bit and decided to go with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (went with 245/40 ZR19). I lowered my car 1" with the TSportline springs and have 15mm spacers in front, and 20mm spacers in the rear. The fender gap, in my opinion, is now perfect and the wheels/tires no longer tuck underneath the wheel well (they sit flush). The new Pilot Sport 4S tires feel amazing! I feel stuck to the ground, cornering is improved, and they're pretty quiet as well. For anyone looking for replacement tires I would say these are a great option! I did put a poll up. I needed to replace the tires, down to 3/32 all around with tire rotation every 6,500 to 7,000 miles, at 23,400 miles. I was just curious if this is about average for most that are riding on the 19" sport wheels. I realize everyone drives differently. I was just hoping to get a consensus. Thank you.

New Tires.jpg
Pilot Sport (1).jpg
Pilot Sport (2).jpg

Yeah, great. My Continentals have 9k on them and have not been rotated. Just checked and they all have just shy of 7/32 and all four have even wear, side to side, which seems a rarity. Car drives straight as a stick. I don’t really baby them. Run about 39 psi. for a softer ride. I don’t think those Michelin’s you have will work here in the cold country during winter. I need all seasons unless I opt for snow tires. Just curious, anyone know the tread depth of the Continentals when new? I’m wondering how much tread I have lost. Guessing maybe about 9/32 new but not sure. I may get these again when the time comes. I haven’t researched all seasons that would be better.

That's a clean look! Could you give more info on where you bought the silver T cap and the lug nuts?

You can get silver, grey, and onyx black center caps and silver lugnut covers from Tesla Parts/Service. You can buy silver lugnuts but is cheaper to get the silver lugnut covers. BThe centercaps should be less than $10 each and about $20 for 20 lugnut covers.

I just recently replaced my original 235/40 19" Continentals that came standard with the sport wheels on my LR RWD. I researched a bit and decided to go with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (went with 245/40 ZR19). I lowered my car 1" with the TSportline springs and have 15mm spacers in front, and 20mm spacers in the rear. The fender gap, in my opinion, is now perfect and the wheels/tires no longer tuck underneath the wheel well (they sit flush). The new Pilot Sport 4S tires feel amazing! I feel stuck to the ground, cornering is improved, and they're pretty quiet as well. For anyone looking for replacement tires I would say these are a great option! I did put a poll up. I needed to replace the tires, down to 3/32 all around with tire rotation every 6,500 to 7,000 miles, at 23,400 miles. I was just curious if this is about average for most that are riding on the 19" sport wheels. I realize everyone drives differently. I was just hoping to get a consensus. Thank you.

View attachment 481643 View attachment 481645 View attachment 481647
Very nice set up, I would like to know how much of a range hit did you get?

Fred

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Seems pretty even across the board so far but the sample size is fairly small. Looking like @moonfresh is going for a world record on those Conitis! ;) Seems like I may have punched it off the line one too many times. :D

onshi - I ended up buying the silver center caps at a Tesla Service Center for $15 each after tax. Then, I bought grey Tesla T stickers on Amazon to put in the middle of the cap. I had originally bought chrome lug nuts and then sent them back to just go with the chrome caps (also from service center). Tesla gave me the caps for free.

rlb4 - image attached (photo taken at night, in the garage, but you get the idea)

Fred - as for the range loss, I'm not sure to be honest. I've never really looked at that too much since I have free charging at work and it's dirt cheap when I plug in at home. What's the best/easiest way to check for range loss? Even if I am taking a mild hit, the handling and performance is worth the loss to me.

Side Profile.jpg

Looks really good! How much did you end up paying and where did you picked them up at? I'm also planning to get new tires and debating on which ones to get. I also have the 19" Sport Wheels with Continentals tires.

Thanks man! I ended up getting them at my local Tire Pros (great customer service). I paid $260 a tire plus tax. With labor, mounting, and balancing it came to $1,257. I added an alignment and it went to $1,408. Tough pill to swallow but needed to be done. I never got an alignment after lowering it and thought I should get one done.

Reactions: follow.johnny
Looking good, these are the tires I am also thinking of. Should be fun in SoCal. $1,400 for a set is steep indeed. Are these louder compared to OEM that had foam? I care about longevity and efficiency of the tire the most, I don’t go crazy so don’t care about grip or looks

Looking good, these are the tires I am also thinking of. Should be fun in SoCal. $1,400 for a set is steep indeed. Are these louder compared to OEM that had foam? I care about longevity and efficiency of the tire the most, I don’t go crazy so don’t care about grip or looks
Well, it would have been $1,250 without the alignment, and I went in thinking around $300 a tire, so it was pretty much as expected. High performance vehicle, equals high performance tire, equals high price tag. Haha. To my ears, no louder than the Continentals with the foam. I'd say, if lucky, I could get 30,000 miles out of the Pilot Sport 4S. Maybe I'll drive a little slower. :cool:

Reactions: boriszima