Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JVC/IPOD Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought one of these and it plays my ipod but only for a few seconds and then it stops, any ideas? Bad part?

Sounds like your issue could be a bad connection... something possibly loose.

I also bought the Scosche for my 1.5 Roadster with the Blaupunkt headunit. It charges now but its not passing the audio from the ipod to the head unit. Anyone have this combo and can confirm it works?

I talked to Scosche tech support today and they suggested trying another one so I have placed another order with Amazon. The tech guy told me it may be an incompatibility issue for which they would have no solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like your issue could be a bad connection... something possibly loose.

Thanks Wiztecy, if the replacement doesn't work, I will look more closely into the bad connection issue. I tried the unit again today before calling Scosche and this time the music would play but the sound only came out of the ipod, not the car speakers. Every thing else came thru the car speakers normally.

I bought the Scosche adapter and used it successfully for 2-3 years with my iPhone 3G. When I upgraded to an iPhone 4S, there was terrible background noise. I replaced the Scosche with a similar CableJive dockStubz adapter which works better.

I bought the Scosche adapter and used it successfully for 2-3 years with my iPhone 3G. When I upgraded to an iPhone 4S, there was terrible background noise. I replaced the Scosche with a similar CableJive dockStubz adapter which works better.

Thanks SL! The replacement Scosche adapter didn't work either. So now besides the ipod issue I have another problem to solve. Apparently the AM news radio station I want to listen to is available on HD radio. Is there some way to get HD radio thru my JVC nav unit?