Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
I got it, unfortunately I didn't get the sunshade but I got the X 90D (the next best thing). The sunshade is on the due bill along with the accessory hitch, though I have the tow hitch in a lunchbox placed in the frunk.

Before I talk about the X, I gotta talk about the sunshade. I need it, the tint is NOT sufficient. The delivery guy said it will be a roller shade and hopefully it will be available next month. I have a 10% ceramic tint install scheduled for tomorrow, will let you know how that goes. I also ordered the heat shield for the top of the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD. I still need to find a place that will make the custom sunshades as @ohmman suggested. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

So I got the X 90, VIN 57xx. It should have came last moth but it was delayed. The spoiler unfortunately is not active, the car was manufactured on May 16. Overall build quality seems good, I noticed the seals a little messed up on the passenger FWD but I will just ignore it, doesn't seem to be a big deal. Wind noise is identical to my Acura, it is alright with me.

The doors seemed to behave, luckily it opens in my garage. I will be posting a bunch of videos, hopefully one this weekend and will let you guys know how it goes. The handling and drive quality is much better than my Acura.

Does anyone know how to summon while you are in the car? I would like my car to park itself in the garage while I am in it.

Will be updating this thread with additional experiences, photos and videos.

What else...
It came with 17 miles
Double vision - didn't drive it at night yet
Need the SUNSHADE ASAP!!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 384
I got it, unfortunately I didn't get the sunshade but I got the X 90D (the next best thing). The sunshade is on the due bill along with the accessory hitch, though I have the tow hitch in a lunchbox placed in the frunk.

Before I talk about the X, I gotta talk about the sunshade. I need it, the tint is NOT sufficient. The delivery guy said it will be a roller shade and hopefully it will be available next month. I have a 10% ceramic tint install scheduled for tomorrow, will let you know how that goes. I also ordered the heat shield for the top of the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD. I still need to find a place that will make the custom sunshades as @ohmman suggested. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

So I got the X 90, VIN 57xx. It should have came last moth but it was delayed. The spoiler unfortunately is not active, the car was manufactured on May 16. Overall build quality seems good, I noticed the seals a little messed up on the passenger FWD but I will just ignore it, doesn't seem to be a big deal. Wind noise is identical to my Acura, it is alright with me.

The doors seemed to behave, luckily it opens in my garage. I will be posting a bunch of videos, hopefully one this weekend and will let you guys know how it goes. The handling and drive quality is much better than my Acura.

Does anyone know how to summon while you are in the car? I would like my car to park itself in the garage while I am in it.

Will be updating this thread with additional experiences, photos and videos.

What else...
It came with 17 miles
Double vision - didn't drive it at night yet
Need the SUNSHADE ASAP!!!!

Guess the lease option is out the window. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally you receive it.

I see you have tan seats. Been wondering about changing to that from the white. Care to take pictures of it and share for people considering black with tan? The more the merrier :)

I'm very happy you received yours and the upgrade to 90 is justified as we 75d's are still waiting.

I guess the elr is going to collect dust now.

Congrats on getting the sunshade holder. :)

The sunshade is on the due bill along with the accessory hitch, though I have the tow hitch in a lunchbox placed in the frunk.

I don't understand the statement about the accessory hitch and the tow hitch. Why do you think they will give you both? I have not seen a accessory hitch yet and was not even certain that they were making them. All of us got tow hitches do date.

Congrats on getting the sunshade holder. :)

I don't understand the statement about the accessory hitch and the tow hitch. Why do you think they will give you both? I have not seen a accessory hitch yet and was not even certain that they were making them. All of us got tow hitches do date.

I didn't notice the due bill until I opened the glovebox when I got home but when I opened the frunk I saw a lunch box with the tow hitch. Not sure if I will get both but who knows

Guess the lease option is out the window. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally you receive it.

I see you have tan seats. Been wondering about changing to that from the white. Care to take pictures of it and share for people considering black with tan? The more the merrier :)

I'm very happy you received yours and the upgrade to 90 is justified as we 75d's are still waiting.

I guess the elr is going to collect dust now.

Will be posting a bunch of HQ photos and videos from my DSLR tomorrow

Congrats!

Get the windshield tinted! Premier is putting on photosync on our windows now. With the head rejection everyone talks about, this is a must have for you.

Yup, I got a ceramic 10% tint scheduled for tomorrow. How dark is photosync?

Reactions: Diavel and mlouie23
It is a tight fit but it fits, want to know if it is possible to summon while I am in the car
I haven't found a way to do this. There's the double tap Park method, but it requires you getting out of the car. There might be a hack/workaround - maybe do the double tap park summon, then lift your butt out of the seat and open and close the door. Hover for a while and see if the car moves. As far as being ideal, it ranks a solid 1 out of 10. But it's worth a shot.

I didn't notice the due bill until I opened the glovebox when I got home but when I opened the frunk I saw a lunch box with the tow hitch. Not sure if I will get both but who knows
If you see a sleeping bag under the 2nd row, then the lunchbox and sleeping bag probably belong to Elon. I'd look at returning it, as Elon might get hungry during his final inspections.