TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by K-MTG, May 19, 2016.

1. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I got it, unfortunately I didn't get the sunshade but I got the X 90D (the next best thing). The sunshade is on the due bill along with the accessory hitch, though I have the tow hitch in a lunchbox placed in the frunk.

Before I talk about the X, I gotta talk about the sunshade. I need it, the tint is NOT sufficient. The delivery guy said it will be a roller shade and hopefully it will be available next month. I have a 10% ceramic tint install scheduled for tomorrow, will let you know how that goes. I also ordered the heat shield for the top of the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD. I still need to find a place that will make the custom sunshades as @ohmman suggested. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

So I got the X 90, VIN 57xx. It should have came last moth but it was delayed. The spoiler unfortunately is not active, the car was manufactured on May 16. Overall build quality seems good, I noticed the seals a little messed up on the passenger FWD but I will just ignore it, doesn't seem to be a big deal. Wind noise is identical to my Acura, it is alright with me.

The doors seemed to behave, luckily it opens in my garage. I will be posting a bunch of videos, hopefully one this weekend and will let you guys know how it goes. The handling and drive quality is much better than my Acura.

Does anyone know how to summon while you are in the car? I would like my car to park itself in the garage while I am in it.

Will be updating this thread with additional experiences, photos and videos.

What else...
    It came with 17 miles
    Double vision - didn't drive it at night yet
    Need the SUNSHADE ASAP!!!!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      432.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like x 19
    • Love x 3
  2. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Congrats!

3. dapao

dapao Member

congratulations

4. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

[QUOTE="K-MTG, post: So I got the X 90, VIN 57xx!!![/QUOTE]
    Congratulations. ..happy for you.

5. swesson

swesson Member

Pics of lunchbox!

6. K-MTG

Will do! Currently searching for custom sunshade locations but can't really find anything. Would appreciate it if anyone recommends a place

7. Diavel

Diavel Member

Guess the lease option is out the window. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally you receive it.

I see you have tan seats. Been wondering about changing to that from the white. Care to take pictures of it and share for people considering black with tan? The more the merrier :)

I'm very happy you received yours and the upgrade to 90 is justified as we 75d's are still waiting.

I guess the elr is going to collect dust now.

8. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

@K-MTG, congrats. I hope it's a fun experience for you. I'm sorry the tint isn't enough for you. It just struck me that maybe you look something like this:
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 14
  9. MonsterCarter

MonsterCarter Member

Congrats!

Get the windshield tinted! Premier is putting on photosync on our windows now. With the head rejection everyone talks about, this is a must have for you.

10. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Congrats on getting the sunshade holder. :)

I don't understand the statement about the accessory hitch and the tow hitch. Why do you think they will give you both? I have not seen a accessory hitch yet and was not even certain that they were making them. All of us got tow hitches do date.

11. K-MTG

I didn't notice the due bill until I opened the glovebox when I got home but when I opened the frunk I saw a lunch box with the tow hitch. Not sure if I will get both but who knows

12. K-MTG

Will be posting a bunch of HQ photos and videos from my DSLR tomorrow

Yup, I got a ceramic 10% tint scheduled for tomorrow. How dark is photosync?

• Like x 2
  13. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Is no one else going to ask why he has a shower in his garage? :p

• Funny x 3
  14. ohmman

K - how is it getting through the opening? I recall your opening being quite narrow. I'm really impressed with the doors opening in that space. That has to be a huge relief for you, especially since your garage is so heavily shaded.

15. K-MTG

It is a tight fit but it fits, want to know if it is possible to summon while I am in the car

16. ohmman

I haven't found a way to do this. There's the double tap Park method, but it requires you getting out of the car. There might be a hack/workaround - maybe do the double tap park summon, then lift your butt out of the seat and open and close the door. Hover for a while and see if the car moves. As far as being ideal, it ranks a solid 1 out of 10. But it's worth a shot.

17. cclaygo

cclaygo Member

You can summon while in the car. Just use the app.

18. MonsterCarter

MonsterCarter Member

Darkest photosync is 35% I believe. Windshield is being done with 75% photosync.

19. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

If you see a sleeping bag under the 2nd row, then the lunchbox and sleeping bag probably belong to Elon. I'd look at returning it, as Elon might get hungry during his final inspections.

• Funny x 6
  20. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Congrats Captain Sunshade!