Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it, unfortunately I didn't get the sunshade but I got the X 90D (the next best thing). The sunshade is on the due bill along with the accessory hitch, though I have the tow hitch in a lunchbox placed in the frunk.

Before I talk about the X, I gotta talk about the sunshade. I need it, the tint is NOT sufficient. The delivery guy said it will be a roller shade and hopefully it will be available next month. I have a 10% ceramic tint install scheduled for tomorrow, will let you know how that goes. I also ordered the heat shield for the top of the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD. I still need to find a place that will make the custom sunshades as @ohmman suggested. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

So I got the X 90, VIN 57xx. It should have came last moth but it was delayed. The spoiler unfortunately is not active, the car was manufactured on May 16. Overall build quality seems good, I noticed the seals a little messed up on the passenger FWD but I will just ignore it, doesn't seem to be a big deal. Wind noise is identical to my Acura, it is alright with me.

The doors seemed to behave, luckily it opens in my garage. I will be posting a bunch of videos, hopefully one this weekend and will let you guys know how it goes. The handling and drive quality is much better than my Acura.

Does anyone know how to summon while you are in the car? I would like my car to park itself in the garage while I am in it.

Will be updating this thread with additional experiences, photos and videos.

What else...
It came with 17 miles
Double vision - didn't drive it at night yet
Need the SUNSHADE ASAP!!!!

when you said the spoiler is not active, does it retract when the car is locked and open when the car is unlock/ in drive mode?

Here are some pics will get some better ones tomorrow

Does your X make a clicking sound when you access it from MyTesla?

I have a loud AC on mine though not noticeable inside the X only outside

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: goneskiian
Thanks. Those are the first clear ones I've seen of a true fixed spoiler. It actually looks pretty well designed - that back window appears to be cut around the base, if I'm seeing things properly.

Mine does. Mine clicks a lot for any number of reasons. It also "relaxes" the falcon wing doors sometimes at unlock, though since the latest firmware update that seems to have gone away. If I walk to my garage with both the S and X fobs, the X makes all kinds of clicking and snapping noises, while the S just kind of blinks like, "there she goes again."

Will do! The spoiler is mounted directly on the hatch, I don't see anything that would allow it to move.
When I pressed my DS about my spoiler, he told me it wouldn't be an active spoiler and reassured me it would still go down when parked, and raise to one level when driving. The "active" part that I wouldn't get is when driving up 45 MPH, it wouldn't adjust to any other angels.
I was hoping this would be the definition of a non active spoiler, but seems like it's really fixed :(

Looking forward to all your pics and videos!

I have a loud AC on mine though not noticeable inside the X only outside
Excellent! That's the close ups we need. Looks great!

Thanks. Those are the first clear ones I've seen of a true fixed spoiler. It actually looks pretty well designed - that back window appears to be cut around the base, if I'm seeing things properly.
It's the same cutout around the motorized versions. It looks to me like they have a one piece stanchion that's base fills the whole glass cutout.

What's all that white stuff allnmy very your spoiler and paint? Looks like powder or drywall.
Looks like road grime on a dark surface to me. ;)

Last edited:
Hey buddy
Congratulations but two important questions for you:
1. How are the front doors latching
2. How are the gaps and alignments and seals and rubbers aligned.

Pics are strongly recommended.

Thanks bud

Front doors are behaving, gaps seem to be properly spaced out. Alignment on the passenger FWD is slightly out of places and the rubber is slightly poppoing out. This isn't causing a problem with functionality or wind noise but time will tell. I got a 70 mile round trip tomorrow so I will have much more feedback to share.

Will be getting all the glass parts of the car tinted tomorrow, any recommendations that I should share with the installer? I don't want calibration issues to deal with as I will be making my trip after the tint install

Regarding the fixed spoiler.....

Looks like there's a channel that will need to be cleaned out regularly...can imagine all sorts of gunk collecting under the spoiler...or is that an unfounded concern?
My thought exactly. Although this would be the same during driving even for active spoilers, I can imagine pollen and other things gathering in there much more so for us fixed folks. I am fine with fixed and expected no less, however, what I don't like is that the Design Studio clearly has shown and continues to show a painted filler panel under our fixed spoilers. Where it that design detail now? Not impressed with this last minute afterthought design changing. I hope, without a finish panel, a future buyer will not assume the spoiler is broken. I guess we take the occasional bad with all the good with this company.