Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kagu Rubber floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep in mind though, for the black Kagu rubber mats, it took 2 months to get them.
And if you have to wait that long - do so!

Just got mine today. They look fantastic, are really lightweight (so will be easy to remove and clean as necessary), material looks water-tight and edge depth should stop any amount of snow melt or dirt making it to the carpet.

Had ordered gray, but switched to black - best choice I could have made even with Silver / Gray Nappa - the Tesla charcoal gray carpet is about the same as the Kagu black so they look great.

Rear runner is a perfect fit too, nicely follows lines of the front seats so good protection there too.

Could not be happier with these - though apparently the sole importer seems to have inventory control issues so don't assume in-stock means it is. I tried multiple vendors and was lucky enough to come across NolandAuto selling through Amazon (though direct on NolandAuto.com which will redirect to accessorizeyourvehicle.com should work too). Great product, great vendor.

And if you have to wait that long - do so!

Just got mine today. They look fantastic, are really lightweight (so will be easy to remove and clean as necessary), material looks water-tight and edge depth should stop any amount of snow melt or dirt making it to the carpet.

Had ordered gray, but switched to black - best choice I could have made even with Silver / Gray Nappa - the Tesla charcoal gray carpet is about the same as the Kagu black so they look great.

Rear runner is a perfect fit too, nicely follows lines of the front seats so good protection there too.

Could not be happier with these - though apparently the sole importer seems to have inventory control issues so don't assume in-stock means it is. I tried multiple vendors and was lucky enough to come across NolandAuto selling through Amazon (though direct on NolandAuto.com which will redirect to accessorizeyourvehicle.com should work too). Great product, great vendor.

I can't agree more, in my opinion, these look so much better than the weathertech (tesla) interior mats. looks nice when you open the door to these. too bad we can't get the maxpider trunk/frunk mats.

Reactions: sport1000
I can't agree more, in my opinion, these look so much better than the weathertech (tesla) interior mats. looks nice when you open the door to these. too bad we can't get the maxpider trunk/frunk mats.

Amazon has these in stock now with Prime delivery for under $240 if anyone is interested in them. I just ordered a set for myself.

Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider L1TL00001509 Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Tesla Model S Models - Kagu Rubber (Black): Automotive

Those who bought the rubber version of these... Do you think you can remove the "3d" badge without any damage to the underlying matt? I really like them but I would rather remove the "3D" logo.

Was also thinking of replacing it with a Tesla T.... Hmmm.

Seems like you can. It has two buttons on the bottom. Probably will leave 2 small holes.

Attachments

• 20161227_104900.jpg
    20161227_104900.jpg
    714.5 KB · Views: 277
I generally don't like rubber mats or anything like them but these are a whole different level of design that's better than most of what's out there.
They also don't 'feel' like rubber (under your feet) - unless there is a breakdown of the material I expect them to do well. And CO is great at testing durability of anything supposed to be flexible - so I guess I'll find out early if there are problems.

Had these for a few weeks now. Look great, work great. Couldn't be happier.

Reactions: TeamC
Those who bought the rubber version of these... Do you think you can remove the "3d" badge without any damage to the underlying matt? I really like them but I would rather remove the "3D" logo.

Was also thinking of replacing it with a Tesla T.... Hmmm.

Seems like you can. It has two buttons on the bottom. Probably will leave 2 small holes.

Yes, the metal collars over the rivets are easily removed with pliers from the backside. I filled in the holes left behind on mine with a little Bondic glue on the backside of the mat to keep them weather tight underneath. I assume any glue or caulking that would remain somewhat flexible would be fine.

I have the carpet version of this mat and cannot tell where the holes were from the topside once the badge was removed. I assume that would not be the case with the Kagu rubber style.

Here are the mats installed today. I will keep you posted on the durability. Not sure yet.

These should fit all model s vehicles. I bought mine from carbras.com. Email Ken at [email protected].

Another vote for these mats! I ordered them in black and they blend in well with my black S carpeting (2016 refresh). Fit and finish is superb. Very lightweight and seem durable but time will tell. There are no velcro backing that comes with them but has kind of a bristle-ly texture on the back to help from slippage. In fact, these are so precisely cut to fit the cavity of the footwells that I don't see how there is even room for it to shift. It has a sort of molded "3D" border around the edges that should contain spills. There are no raised vertical edges like the Telsa/Weathertech model that could warp or bend down over time like many who have them have noticed. These don't have the soft, rubbery feel like Weathertechs. More like a thinner, firmer rubber. Not floppy either, more rigid and slightly bendable. I also like that they didn't have the awful new rubber smell. I'm airing them out overnight anyways before putting them in. About the only negative comment I can give is the 3D logo on the front mats. Not horrible at all but it's the only thing I can point out at the moment.

I also purchased mine from carbras.com. Free shipping. I ordered them last Thursday (1/12) and even with the three day weekend holiday, I received them today (1/17 Northern Cal Bay Area). Just in time for the rains!
3D MAXpider¨ L1TL00001509 TESLA MODEL S 2012-2016 KAGU BLACK R1 R2 - CarBras.com
It's a 3 piece set. The two fronts and the one piece 2nd row.

P.S. I have no affiliation with 3Dmaxpider or Carbras. Just happy with my purchase thanks to the other members who recommended them!