Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kaluza compatible chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Hi, does anyone have a list of chargers that are Kaluza compatible? Ideally looking for one that does both single and 3 phase plus load balancing but I don't think you can get all those in a charger yet? Thanks

I think Kaluza is something that power companies will supply, for example Ovo to allow them to offer differential pricing for EV charging (Electric car charging: Save £70 on a new EV smart charger | OVO Energy)

I don't really see what the point is for us as EV owners, many smart chargers have pretty good software these days.
Thanks, it is actually Ovo Drive Anytime that I'm interested in, when it's in general release, but the charger they list is single phase. Still May be worth sacrificing the 3 phase to get on the tariff. My other option is to go single now and swap for a 3 phase later but that's added stress and cost :eek:

I think while they try to pretend it's a separate thing, I don't think Kaluza is available from any other providers or on chargers not bought from Ovo.

It does seem a strange type of tariff, the wholesale cost of electricity is the same whether you are charging a car or heating your oven, what reason is there for it to be a different price. Encouraging people to charge overnight makes sense, this seems nuts.

I think while they try to pretend it's a separate thing, I don't think Kaluza is available from any other providers or on chargers not bought from Ovo.

It does seem a strange type of tariff, the wholesale cost of electricity is the same whether you are charging a car or heating your oven, what reason is there for it to be a different price. Encouraging people to charge overnight makes sense, this seems nuts.
I do agree it seems a strange tariff and think you may be right about it being an Ovo thing. The tariff would really work for me though as I drive long distances and at different times so can't always stick to a 4-5 hour window.

Thanks, it is actually Ovo Drive Anytime that I'm interested in, when it's in general release, but the charger they list is single phase. Still May be worth sacrificing the 3 phase to get on the tariff. My other option is to go single now and swap for a 3 phase later but that's added stress and cost :eek:
Are you sure you have a 3 phase power supply?
I have a kaluza charger from OVO and installed by chargedev but wouldn't say it's great (it's ok though)

Are you sure you have a 3 phase power supply?
I have a kaluza charger from OVO and installed by chargedev but wouldn't say it's great (it's ok though)
Yes, DNO have been out and confirmed it, but getting a smart 3 phase meter is a nightmare! I may need to forget about Ovo with what you have said about their charger. It would have been so much easier off the property didn't have 3 phase, I wouldn't have even thought of it then :eek:

Yes, DNO have been out and confirmed it, but getting a smart 3 phase meter is a nightmare! I may need to forget about Ovo with what you have said about their charger. It would have been so much easier off the property didn't have 3 phase, I wouldn't have even thought of it then :eek:
After almost a year of hassling Octopus, I eventually got a 3-phase meter installed last week. It’s not yet appeared in my Octopus account yet, but I live in hope it’ll appear soon!

• Informative
Reactions: m3gt2 and Adopado