Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kansas City Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put my deposit down for the inventory vehicle that I decided to buy and my sales rep told me that they are expecting to sign a lease for the Kansas City service center location by the end of the month and have it up and running by the "end of the summer". No further details on specific location details but it sounds like they have the spot chosen and the agreement in place, just finalizing paperwork/contracts/etc is all that is needed at this point.

I was told they would be unveiling the KC service center in the "coming months" and that it was supposed to be one of the coolest SCs yet in terms of location. This was in early July that this was told to me. I was told by another source that they were finalizing a lease agreement near the end of June and that the SC should be open by end of Summer, so I am thinking end of September timeframe if I had to guess.

I am a real newbie, awaiting delivery of my Model S. I go to KC a few times a year. Will I be able to get power at the KC SC? How does one find that kind of thing out, that is, what kind of charging is at an SC? Thanks.

I am a real newbie, awaiting delivery of my Model S. I go to KC a few times a year. Will I be able to get power at the KC SC? How does one find that kind of thing out, that is, what kind of charging is at an SC? Thanks.

Service Centres generally have HPWCs rather than Superchargers. You should call ahead to the Service Centre and check to be sure it will be available. If you stay overnight, it's generally better to just charge overnight at your B&B or Hotel (you'll have to check those as well as not all will have overnight charging, and some hotels have odd rules such as you need to move the car by 07:00.)

I received a call in late July from a service person in Kansas City in response to a potential charging cable issue. I believe he said they had three people in KC but don't have a facility yet.

That is correct. The three Tesla employees in the KC area are all great guys and they still don't have a service center to work out of. I just had the Battery guard put on my car and a few minor issues addressed and they came out to my house.

I was told they would be unveiling the KC service center in the "coming months" and that it was supposed to be one of the coolest SCs yet in terms of location. This was in early July that this was told to me. I was told by another source that they were finalizing a lease agreement near the end of June and that the SC should be open by end of Summer, so I am thinking end of September timeframe if I had to guess.

The KC area SC staff are still being mum about the location, but I got the impression that they will have to be in a temporary space while waiting for the eventual location to become available.

Was just goofing around on the charging maps (Find Us) on Tesla's site and saw the address for Kansas City's new store and Service Center pop up...

3555 Manchester Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64129

Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 11.32.39 PM.png

Now just need the address for the SuperCharger to come our way....