Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kansas City Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a639f3419a3698d55c1551b27262f568.jpg
f347fba6ae91b91250830913d3e3c78b.jpg
3d2daf5f2bfcaa463be181408df47963.jpg
d3ec508b0139ccd948b3445c659eb61d.jpg

Just an FYI - The map location provided by Tesla's website for the KC service center shows the location incorrectly to be north of I-70. The center is actually south of I-70 at Manchester Trafficway and E 35th Terrace. It's about a block past the eastbound I-70 entrance ramp off of Manchester Trafficway.

I have an 85s and am considering driving to St. Louis from KC for a business trip. Has anyone done this and, if so, where would you recommend stopping to charge? I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to make it all of the way to St. Louis without charging some. Thanks

there is a Nissan dealer in Columbia and also an appartment block which has a public charger there. However it might be better to find an RV camp with 14-50 charger near Columbia since it will charge faster. There is a good app for the IPad called Allstays which makes it easy to search for RV camps with charging capabilities. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

I have an 85s and am considering driving to St. Louis from KC for a business trip. Has anyone done this and, if so, where would you recommend stopping to charge? I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to make it all of the way to St. Louis without charging some. Thanks

I've made the trip back and forth to Kansas City from Saint Louis twice now with a full charge in an S85 - but it was in the summer months. No way to be able to do it with a S60/P85D or with an S85 in the winter. There are plenty of Tesla owners here in Saint Louis that would share their 100 amp HPWC to help out. And the Service Center in Saint Louis now has 100 amp HPWC to help out as well - but the SC is located a bit further into Saint Louis. Without the much delayed (4-5 times now) SuperCharger in Columbia, MO - you're in for a wait with Level 2 chargers or campgrounds (as mentioned previously here...)

I've heard from others that the Nissan Dealer has a bunch of nice folks there - but the charger itself can be blocked or unavailable outside of business hours.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Thanks to you both for responding. Doesn't sound like a good idea in the winter months and without the Supercharger. The delays on this Supercharger are really frustrating as this is a big hole right in the middle. Hopefully we see one in Columbia or Kingdom City sometime soon.

The KC store is more than just a service center. They do have a front area that is a "store", and has a show car on the floor and even a P85D chassis on display. They have a wall with shirts and accessories on display and another wall with color samples, wheel examples, etc. Still not as grandiose as a typical car dealership, but it would not be a mistake to just stop by like it would be at the St. Louis location.

They have a service area but do not have all the necessary service equipment yet.

This great news. I'm going to stop by and check this out today, after a call. I'm an engineering student planning on buying the Model 3, but when I made a note in a response to a local event RSVP, I never got anything back. I made a point of stating that I only wanted a stationary tour, but oh well. I'm sure they get people from my age demographic asking for joyrides all the time, and I imagine their time is booked. Since I imagine showing up at the event unannounced would probably get me nowhere, I'll try this SC. Besides, I have convinced a retired EE friend that he should look into it and he would have been at the drive event today if not for a fly-in out of state.

Had mine there last week for her 2 year check-up and was given a Red 85 to drive as a loaner. I believe that they have several Model S loaners to pick from.

Anybody had their car serviced at the KC service center yet? I'm scheduled to take my Roadster in next week for its annual service and curious if the loaner car is likely to be a Tesla or something else.