Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Independence, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the location today. The orange fence is around an old pool at the end of the hotel on the highway side. I have no idea if this is or is not the location, but the fence is currently just barricading off a hazard.

Per tesla source it's by the harley davidson dealership. I assumed it was at hotel due to orange fence. it could be supercharger location still. Tesla source indicated early next year for it to be up and running.

I stopped by yesterday myself and saw the pool construction as well. Was pretty disappointed as I was expecting "under construction" as well (maybe the first SuperCharger with a lounging pool for two?). However - the parking lot at the Harley Davidson dealer seems way too small. With all their bikes out front and customers in to visit the store - I honestly don't see them wanting to take up parking slots for charger space. There aren't any restaurants around and a string of low-cost hotels. Being that I expect higher usage than say, middle of Kansas, I'm hoping the Tesla source is speculating rather than in the know, especially since the Independence location was prime for hotels and restaurants within walking distance. What's the benefit for Harley Davidson? Some kind of local partnership? And again - clearly nothing under construction.

Now - if the HD owner is actually a Tesla enthusiast or owner, that might be different.

Last edited:
Good news for Kansas City... even if it's not our "patiently waiting for our" SuperCharger...

KCPL plans to install 1,001 more chargers for electric cars | The Kansas City Star The Kansas City Star

KCP&L announced Monday that with one jolt it’s going to make the area one of the best places in the nation to drive an electric car.

The utility said it plans to install 1,001 public electric chargers in its Missouri and Kansas service territories — a 2,400 percent boost from the roughly 40 units now available. Each charger will be able to charge two cars at a time.

that would make it 214 miles from the Bass Pro in Independence to the new St. Charles Supercharger that is supposed to be under construction any day now.

Still need Columbia to make it super easy but I guess 214 miles is doable on an 85 with a bit of care, at least in the summer.

The crew building the Shamrock, TX site reported just having finished (!) a site in Missouri. By deduction, it seems like it would have to be the Independence site which would then be just waiting for a transformer. Has anyone snooped around the Bass Pro Shop and adjacent hotels looking for a supercharger?

I saw that same note in that Texas thread. It's not St Charles - it's only barely started to be flagged and no where near under construction. And it's not Columbia since that's been delayed 4-5 times. If it's Independence, surely somebody has seen it under construction! Drive drive drive!!

I saw that same note in that Texas thread. It's not St Charles - it's only barely started to be flagged and no where near under construction. And it's not Columbia since that's been delayed 4-5 times. If it's Independence, surely somebody has seen it under construction! Drive drive drive!!

The crew said something about Tigers and the person thought they were talking about the Missouri ones in Columbia, when the comment was about the recently opened Baton Rouge site.

Was poking around the Independence, Missouri permit site for some recent electrical permits. A wild card search for Bass Pro showed up the expected "STONEY CREEK HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTER" mentioned previously at 18011 Bass Pro Dr., Independence, MO 64055. However, knowing that the whole area is under construction and there's no hint of Tesla or the other known electrical contractors names on the permit, it's probably just construction as normal. Anybody able to take a drive over on a lunch break? :)

Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 12.10.14 AM.png

A Tesla employee at the Kansas City Service Center told me that the supercharger at Bass Pro (intersection of 291 and I-70) is operational but not yet on Tesla's website. Can anyone confirm this? I'll be driving through next week from the midwest to the west coast using the I-70 corridor. Thanks.

A Tesla employee at the Kansas City Service Center told me that the supercharger at Bass Pro (intersection of 291 and I-70) is operational but not yet on Tesla's website. Can anyone confirm this? I'll be driving through next week from the midwest to the west coast using the I-70 corridor. Thanks.

Below is a link to the location. This is copied from from Watching for I-70 Superchargers from Denver to St. Louis - Page 24, posted on 12/12/14. Please, someone in the area, go take a look!

If anyone is in the area of Independence, you may want to check out this location...just sayin'...

Click on this link for the hint: Independence, MO - Google Maps

Below is a link to the location. This is copied from from Watching for I-70 Superchargers from Denver to St. Louis - Page 24, posted on 12/12/14. Please, someone in the area, go take a look!

I just called the shop. The young man who answered the phone said, "yes they're putting them in." He didn't know if construction was complete. I'm not happy with the way I phrased the question, though. It could have led to a positive answer if they were just installing L2 stations.

Still, a very good sign. Sometimes, even if there's a Supercharger ten feet away from the main entrance, nobody you get on the phone has any idea what you're talking about.