TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Kansas City Tesla Owners and Enthusiasts Get Together

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by breading, Apr 9, 2014.

1. breading

breading Member

We are planning an inaugural get together for the Kansas City Tesla Enthusiasts Club next month, Sunday May 25 at 11:00 AM. If you are interested in attending, send me a private message here and I will send you an Evite with the location information so that we can keep a running tally of who will be coming. Feel free to share with other owners and enthusiasts in the Kansas City area.

2. breading

breading Member

teslas.jpg

We had a great group of about 30 people (11 Teslas) come to our first get together in the Kansas City area. We had an EV pioneer who drove some of his own conversions before purchasing a Model S, A couple of long distance travelers who did a 1700 mile road trip without superchargers, an expectant owner who should be taking delivery tomorrow and only just saw a Tesla in person last Sunday, and many more interesting people. This photograph was taken after a few people had already left.

group.jpg

Awards were given out to the highs and lows in delivery date, average Wh/mi, mileage, and longest road trip. The awards highlighted the diversity of owners and the flexiblility of the Model S which can be everything from a speed demon's dream to an early adopter technophile's prize gadget or even an environmentalist's green machine.

awards.jpg

Our next get together is at First Fridays in the Crossroads Arts district on June 6. Here is a link to the eventbrite page.

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

This is great! Hope we get the Superchargers soon to see some of you at our events and your events!

4. basf_audio

basf_audio Member

Love this!! Nice group meeting!!

5. Liz G

Liz G P03056

When we get the Columbia SC we can have a STL-KC Group meeting.

6. breading

breading Member

That sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully this can happen sooner rather than later.

7. Alpjrev

Alpjrev New Member

KC Tesla owners:
    Saturday and Sunday July 26 & 27 at the Raphael Hotel on the plaza from 10-5 each day. If you can come by with your Tesla and give them some support that would be great.
    Al Pugsley

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla owners If you can come by this event with your Tesla that would be great even for a few minutes to show that there are other owners in KC. It is at the Raphael Hotel on the Plaza.
    Al Pugsley

8. KcCitation007

KcCitation007 New Member

Kansas City Store/Service is on the map!!!

Great VIP event to sow off the KC store!!! Let the AMPS roll!!!

9. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Did you give an award to the guy who ran out of energy trying to make it to the KC store? :)

10. mightydave

mightydave Member

I came on Friday night and with my lead foot combined with the cold temps, I rolled into my garage in Lawrence with 11 miles range. Great event.

11. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

When was it?

12. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

13. BrandonF

BrandonF Member

Did they send out invites? I would have assumed all local owners would have been invited. Would have been nice to be invited to an event like that.

14. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

No award was given. I'm working on a badge for "first person to shower at a Tesla Store" though. :)

For those not in the know, I'm the guy that ran out on the way. With 7 rated miles remaining, the car shut down and told me to pull over. Minutes later the dash displayed 0 miles. Charged overnight (thanks for the couch space, Hunter!) and drove back the next day. I wound up missing the party, but it was still cool to meet a few Tesla employees and see the new Store/SvC (which is really nice, btw).

I got an invite via e-mail, and I live 250+mi away. No idea how they determine who gets invited.

15. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I live only 180 miles away and got no invite (though I almost RSVP'd by the shared link). I had prior commitments though.

16. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

I was there, at the KC VIP opening thing in KC. It was a little crowded. The store isn't that big, but it's pretty nice. They conveniently have a side street next to the store that they were able to get closed for the scary test rides. I was one of the folks who first started pushing buttons on the car in the showroom to open the doors and trunk so that there was more for folks to look at.

They need to organize it a little better to give attendees a better idea of whats going on. For the test rides, for example, you had to first find the right lady to get on a list for rides. Then when it's time they send you a text to head to the delivery bay for your test ride, but no one explains where the delivery bay is. Back in the delivery bay, no one was there to greet you, so you didn't really know if you were in the right place. Test drivers seemed to just randomly show up and take people who were in the area without confirming test ride appointments. However, despite all this, the Tesla folks were really nice and things for the most part went along smoothly.

I wish they would have had some free swag, like calendars or something, but I didn't find any while I was there. They did have free food.

17. AstronomyFred

AstronomyFred New Member

They were giving out mugs in the coat check room upon leaving. I agree it was a little crowded and took some wandering to figure out where everything was, but the staff were great and we had a great time.

18. breading

breading Member

Sorry to hear about that. I am guessing you skipped topping off in Columbia?

The event was fun. The front/back of the store is confusing since it is a rectangle with entrances on both sides. I think the lady scheduling test rides was stationed by the "front door" to catch people as they arrived; but, I came in the back and only found out what she was doing when I went on a tour of the service center and came back inside through the front door. I didn't try to get on the P85D ride list as I took a test drive a few weeks back.

It was pretty crowded.

IMG_5149.JPG

Fun to see so many Tesla's in KC!

IMG_5148.JPG

19. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

Yes, as well as a 14-50 at a friend's house in Wentzville. In fairness though, if I'd stopped at either one, I would've been too late to make the party anyway, so it was lose-lose in the end. I had originally planned on leaving an hour earlier, but got stuck at work. If that hadn't happened, I would've made one of those two stops.