Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kansas Insurance for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure which companies you have tried, but try Progressive. There are a lot of variables (age, driving record, even credit score), but also ways to reduce premiums. Try to get multi-car discount, home or renter insurance with the same company discount, etc. There are also some companies that don't seem to want to insure some models - I had Liberty Mutual for one car, but their rate on the Model S for me was much worse than Progressive.

Metlife(3600), Progressive(1900), Statefarm(1600), esurance(2400), Geico(3700) , all with $1000 deductibles, Going to get Statefarm considering they have better reputation and cheaper price. Need to check with Ameriprise, liberty mutual, American family insurance etc.

Hello - I'm a local Insurance Agency owner (Leawood, KS) as well as a new Model S owner. Insurance policies are so personalized to the individual situation but happy to share what I did. Our agency represents a number of different companies (Chubb, Safeco, Travelers, Nationwide, Progressive etc) but I have my personal insurance through Nationwide Private Client which is a subsidiary of Nationwide. It's one of the better policies on the market since coverage includes guaranteed new car replacement in a total loss situation, all Tesla parts for repair work, full glass coverage, etc etc...I have $500,000 combined single limit liability, $1,000 deductibles for comp and collision, multi-car, multi-policy discounts and my rate is $990 per year for that vehicle on my policy. Harmony from the Kansas City store has referred a few other new Tesla customers to our agency and I know my team was able to save them quite a bit of money by reviewing their insurance portfolio. For me personally, I feel better with the new car replacement feature so I found a policy that had that.

Happy to talk about any aspects of insuring a Tesla as part of your portfolio.