Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Karma Revero...the worst review of a vehicle or product ever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's certainly negative, but also kinda spot on. I'm glad to read that even the Karma reps admitted it's meant to be a 3rd car for people who just wanna cruise around. There are really no practical reasons to buy a Revero. It's not quick, or spacious, or efficient, or sporty, or inexpensive, but it certainly is flashy. Hopefully they have planned their production goals in alignment with the small market it's intended to serve.

The weight isn't necessarily terrible. My Model X weighs 5400 lb. ;)

But I agree with most things said in the article. In all probability, my Model X is more exciting to drive, and it can carry an extra person, and *a lot* more luggage. If you want people looking at you the falcon wing doors do a pretty god job. And it costs 30k USD less.

The only thing the Fisker Karma had going for it was looks, and it seems like nothing's changed with the Karma Revero.

Saw what was my second Karma Revero on the road today. Saw the first one on 85 southbound maybe a year ago. This time was in Morgan Hill (south of San Jose) and was headed to 101 when I spotted it. It turned into a small industrial street where a number of automotive specialty companies are located. Was so tempted to follow it when it turned, but didn't have the time. Would have loved to have gotten a closer look and seen it's solar roof. Here's the two quick pics I took:

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6713.JPG

Looks like it was a 2018 newly hatched with no plates on it yet. Nice looking car, but given it's specs and price couldn't see why many people would choose it over the competition out there, especially if they truly wanted to go EV and forego a gasoline engine all together. Even the 2018 Chevy Volt offers more "pure electric miles" and total mileage range with it's hybrid approach. Had me wondering where the owner is located. Sales in California are in the LA area and there's only two service locations for it in-State, one in LA and one in San Francisco which I think makes it an even harder sale unless you live in one of those areas.

Found their brochure language interesting from a sales perspective:
"The Revero is about feel, not numbers. No knowledge of its 0-60 time will help you define its allure. We can and will quote impressive vehicle technical specs. But we would rather state our performance story differently: we have enough. To move you. In every way."

Regarding their Badging:
"The badges on each Revero are hand-painted, one at a time. No other car company has ever done this. Consider it a small by symbolic statement about craftsmanship and individuality." or is it more indicative about the low production numbers? regardless just found these types of statements a perplexing way to promote your high priced luxury car's best features.