Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Karstyle Facelift Price Reduced to $2,500 on Website. Deposit reduced to $500.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have email karstyle couple of times with no response, regarding order time, and deliver cost. Not sure if I can trust this company until I see that they can actual deliver.

That they don't answer email should be a concern for all of us. What kind of company doesn't respond to inquiries from customers or potential customers? My answer is one that should not be trusted, especially since it's a new one.

I contacted Karstyle about its unresponsiveness to emails. This is the reply I received -- very encouraging.

We have just discovered that due to a technical issue some of our support enquiries were being obscured from view in the database. Thanks for letting me know. We are Tesla crazy people and would never knowingly ignore enquires from customers or anyone else. As I type this email, I have a programmer working on the support issues, and we will have a new support email address linked to our database by Monday. We will also have a comprehensive FAQ page with a support link by next weekend. Again thanks for making me aware of our failures in the support department. We spend a lot of time designing our products and are horrified that we may have upset customers and potential customers.

In the meantime, if there is anything you want to know, just let me know

Kind regards

Eddie Gill

Founder – Karstyle

Reactions: Ben W
I contacted Karstyle about its unresponsiveness to emails. This is the reply I received -- very encouraging.

We have just discovered that due to a technical issue some of our support enquiries were being obscured from view in the database. Thanks for letting me know. We are Tesla crazy people and would never knowingly ignore enquires from customers or anyone else. As I type this email, I have a programmer working on the support issues, and we will have a new support email address linked to our database by Monday. We will also have a comprehensive FAQ page with a support link by next weekend. Again thanks for making me aware of our failures in the support department. We spend a lot of time designing our products and are horrified that we may have upset customers and potential customers.

In the meantime, if there is anything you want to know, just let me know

Kind regards

Eddie Gill

Founder – Karstyle

If you have a way to reach him, could you point him to this thread? Perhaps Karstyle would like to join this conversation directly, to answer some of the questions being asked.

Is good to see some response from them. I had considered canceling my order after emailing them last week and never hearing back. When accepting deposits for products that don't exist yet, I'd think it would be especially important to be responsive to customers; otherwise, confidence in your ability to perform gets lost, and the venture fails before it ever gets started. Ponzi 101 stuff, really :) All joking aside, I really want them to be successful, so I'll remain optimistic.

What about those of us without parking sensors/ Autopilot? All the pictures on their sight show no parking sensors so I wonder if they just drill them to spec.

$2500 for a painted bumper cover does seem like quite a deal though. I do prefer Tesla's bumper over this one though. This one has a line under the headlight that takes a distinct bend into the hood/ grill area whereas the Tesla brand bumper forms this bend with two straight lines that seem to intersect. It's a small detail but once I saw it it started to bother me enough where I'm not sure if I'd get this because of that.

The price on the Karstyle Facelift (Facelift) was reduced to $2,500 from $3,500 on their website sometime today. The price seems pretty reasonable considering it includes painting it to match. They recommend having a body shop install it, although it should be a relatively easy Saturday morning job for those who are handy with tools. The reservation amount was also reduced from $1,500 to $500. It was enough to temp me into taking the plunge, so I'll let everyone know how it comes out if I actually receive in in August.

That is a great looking bumper facelift! I am also considering upgrading to the new look on my classic Model S.

Facelift Karstyle kit.png
Facelift kit.PNG

What about those of us without parking sensors/ Autopilot? All the pictures on their sight show no parking sensors so I wonder if they just drill them to spec.

$2500 for a painted bumper cover does seem like quite a deal though. I do prefer Tesla's bumper over this one though. This one has a line under the headlight that takes a distinct bend into the hood/ grill area whereas the Tesla brand bumper forms this bend with two straight lines that seem to intersect. It's a small detail but once I saw it it started to bother me enough where I'm not sure if I'd get this because of that.

It's pretty much the same as Tesla's.

Here's the latest response from Karstyle to my inquiry about fit and how well it matches Tesla's facelift.

There are a some very slight differences in our facelift when compared very closely to the new MS, but they are very small! It isn’t easy to tell, unless you know exactly what to look for. The facelift however, cannot be 100% identical to the new car because it wouldn’t fit the old one. We are trying to get it as close as possible. We will have new a MS in our possession early in June, and we will then fine-tune our design. I am certain that our bumper will be a perfect fit. We scanned the old MS some time ago, and we have made a near perfect 3D model of the car. Shortly, we will scan the new MS. We also have some serious experts working on the project, and the manufacturer we have chosen is currently working on projects for JLR, Bentley Bentayga and Nissan. We plan to post much more information about the product itself. I’ll keep you posted on this, and you can post this stuff in forums if you like? We also plan to show images and videos of the manufacturing process over the next couple of months to keep people informed of progress, and so they can see how the product is made.

Here's the latest from Eddie at Facelift:

The facelift will come fitted with sensor receptors, so you just need to un-plug the sensors from the nose cone and the old bumper and then plug them into the new facelift. It’s really easy and will take only a few minutes to do all of them. We will contact all reservation holders early in July to confirm the specification of the their vehicle. Then, the facelift will be built to the correct specification of the owners vehicle. As you know some cars have sensors, and some don’t.

Regards,

Eddie

Absolutely loving this! Just a bit curious as to how you would access the battery posts that are hidden behind the nosecone on the older MS?

I'll ask Eddie that question and see what he says.

On the drag coefficient, as Karstyles face lift is essentially the same as Tesla's with only minor details that are different, I'm assuming that it will be the same or very close as Tesla's. Tesla claims an improvement with the facelift.

This is Eddie's response to the drag coefficient and battery post questions:

Hi Rick,
The aerodynamics of our facelift should be almost identical to MS2 as we are closely emulating the aerodynamic curve of the new Tesla facelift. Of course, we will test it out to see what results we get. To be honest, I doubt there will be any noticeable difference in aerodynamic performance between the old Tesla nose cone and the new facelifted version. On paper maybe, but I wouldn’t expect to see any noticeable improvement in mileage.

We will provide an extension or access to the charging post. We haven’t decided which way to go yet, but I’ll be sure to let you know sometime in June when the design is finalised. Ditto license plate issues.
Regards,
Eddie

• Informative
Reactions: scole04 and J1mbo